So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Ah, Christmas always gets me excited. Plus it helps to spread the anxiety around to your loved ones as it gets nearer and nearer. If I complete everything before December, there's less stress.

Clam chowder has beer in it? NO WAYYYY! Or pork? Argh!!! Sucks. I love clam chowder but not if it has pork or beer in it. Those things are a big no-no in our family.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Well if you love Clam Chowder....chances are you've been eating it with bacon in it.  It doesn't have beer or pork in it.  THAT recipe has beer and pork in it....but it's only one of thousands of versions of Clam Chowder.  I've never made it with beer....although it sounds like it could be good....and I have made it without the bacon.....but only because I didn't have any on hand....and that's one ingredient that is really missed in the flavour of a good clam chowder.  But you can make it any way you want to make it.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

G'morn PC!

omg Lise, your tree is up already?? Nov.21?!! I like getting shopping and stuff done early, but decorations are another story. If I had my tree up this early, I would be ready to take it down by Dec. 12.

That is just me though.

Coffee time!  
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Good morning Van.   Was just getting another coffee. Mmmmmmmmmmm

Me too on the tree.  Last year was probably the earliest I've EVER put up the tree....and that was in the first week in December.  It ususally takes me a good couple weeks to put up all decorations....but even so....that's way too early for me.

Van

same with Christmas music. I like it right at Christmas, at my mom's house only, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. besides that, I am good.

I seen on Sirius radio, there has been a Christmas station playing all November??
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Michel

P.C.

Oh I don't mind the Christmas music all through December.  As a matter of fact, over the last few years, it's something I have really missed hearing while Christmas shopping.  Everywhere has become so politically correct (or as I believe....politically incorrect) that you just don't hear it anymore.  There was a time when Christmas was palpable in the air.  Not any more.  It's s been so homogenized, it's hardly detectable.

I think I may vamoose out of the house today....winds are supposed to be over 100k here. Mind you, it wouldn't be the first time they were wrong.  

Van

lol!

My sis and I gave it a listen for an hour and it isn't Good King Wencalas (sp?) and classics.

It is 10001 versions of Winter Wonderland and Sleigh Ride. Drives me bonkers!  

Michel

P.C.

Of course....the good ol Christmas Owl.  

Christmas Carols have to be of the classic version for me.  With only one exception.  I love Trans Siberian Orchestra and Metalicas version of Carol of the Bells.

Michel

Michel

P.C.

It's funny what defines Christmas for different people.  I have friends who head to Mexico every Christmas....and yet for me.....tropical heat doesn't work for me at Christmas.  I'd even prefer that it not be sunny HERE for Christmas.    

P.C.

Silver worms = garlands perhaps ?

Michel

|