So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Lise

Oh dear, Russ! Hope Starfishie will get better. Seems a lotta ppl are getting sick these days. I'm gonna see if I can get my flu shots soon!

LM - if you're lurking around - just wanted to say 'Thank you! Thank you!' for that recommendation to [A href="http://www.applebarn.ca/"]The Apple Barn[/A] in Abbostford. We went there today and the place was packed. The kids had a lotta fun, especially on the hayride. Apples galore (not very sweet) but cheap. Thanks again.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Good evening everyone.

The original cave has been closed to the public beginning of the 60's because algae created by the breath of the visitors was rapidly covering the painting in the 50's and 60's.

This is very interesting..there must've been many visitors to create algae. I like your story around the avatar.  

Michel

Lil Me

Evening!  Hi everyone.  It's been a great weekend.

Interesting facts, Michel.

Lise- glad you liked the Apple Barn!  We went back on Sat.  Got 1 bag of Gala and 1 bag of Jonagold.  The slightly sour Jonagold apples make awesome applesauce.  (had pork chops tonight)  Made applesauce in the micro in 5 minutes.  Peeled and sliced 3 apples, put in a bowl with water, some sugar.  Nuked, stirred, added cinnamon.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

I love the place. Just wish it was a bit closer as it was quite a drive for us. Apple sauce, eh? Sounds delicious. Maybe I'll do just that. I was thinking of making apple cobbler but the apples weren't sweet and I  need the sweetness to balance the 'cake' on top. Maybe I'll throw in a can of peaches into the mix and see what happens.

Any more places you know of, just lemme know. I'll be forever grateful.

OMG. Long weekend ahead of us. Waaaahooo! Can't wait.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Van

Wow, it is Thanksgiving coming up. I will be in the Okanagan to see my mom. Then a trip down to the Kootenays to see some friends. Bringing my bike in hopes for a good weekend.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Michel

purelife

Good morning everyone.

Glad to hear everyone had a good weekend... I enjoyed mine too and I can't wait for Thanksgiving....4 day long weekend....WOOHOO!  I took Friday off to help my mom prepare for dinner.  We're having it Friday night.  I'm also going to take my mom to the passport office and do whatever shopping she needs.    

Sportsdude

I'll be studying non stop over the weekend as I'm going to have 2 weeks of make up work to do. lol
Hopefully I can get my friend from last year to get out of his apartment and do something.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Feeling better, SD?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

yes and no. During the day I feel fine to the point I wonder why I can't be in school. Then I try to sleep and I start wheezing and coughing up stuff.    
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Take it easy SD.  Flus/colds generally take 7 days. (give or take)  Lots of rest and lots of vitamin C and fluids.

Sub of the day for lunch. (turkey on whole wheat)  

Michel

purelife

Michel wrote:
He has more than flu, he has pneumonia.[/DIV]
 Oh, I must've missed that part.  He must be feeling better now if he can go online and type ok.

How long are you going to Alberta for, Michel?

|