So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

mmmmmm....pizza.... my mouth is watering...share?

Van

purelife wrote:
mmmmmm....pizza.... my mouth is watering...share?[/DIV]
 No prob! I ordered a pizza late last night, and by the time it got to my home, I was ready for bed. I don't like eating heavy before bed.

So I have tons leftover.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Mmmm....peanut butter toast.  I haven't had that for years.  

The temperature as of 5 a.m. was 24 degrees.  They think today is going to be a record temp for this time of year.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Starfishie had the day off so we went to white spot..  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

They have some good burgers...mmmm...

Had a proscuitto wrap with alfafa sprouts and pickled asparagus and apple.

Michel must be having lots of fun right now searching for the perfect shot.  *sigh*

Lil Me

Corned beef with sauerkraut on rye for brekky.

Congee at Hon's for lunch.
 Question: Does anyone know why the staff at Hon's automatically speaks to me in English?  Do I have a "look" which suggests that I don't speak Chinese?  (I DO order in English- I don't have a good Cantonese vocabulary, I tend to badly mispronouce the words, and the only words I do know are village dialect, not proper Cantonese...for instance, I found out today that soy chicken should be called "yow guy"...I've always known "see yew guy" or "shee yew guy")

Soy chicken (from Hon's), rice and fried garlic spinach will be for dinner.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

Not sure Lil Me? When I go to an Italian restaurant, they speak english to me too??! Weird?

Pizza was amazing today. What a beautiful day. sunshine and pizza!  
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

I speak rudimentary spanish sometimes at mexican places that I feel are authentic. Gringo gets home sick for Estados Unidos de México. I get all excited when I find a mexican place, we have to remember our homeland.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I also call it "see yew guy" too, Lil Me.  

Maybe Hon's have more customers who speak English who look Chinese?

I know that I'm getting old(er) because my body can't handle staying up until 3am.  I couldn't even sleep Sat night and I'm paying for it terribly today.  I'm so tired!    

purelife

For Mexican, SD, try Las Magaritas (sp?) in Vancouver.  I've never been there but my friends who have, LOVE the place.  

If you have an Entertainment book, it's in there too for a 2 for 1 meal.

Sportsdude

Oh sweet! I'll check it out!
Yeah last week I stumbled upon (literally) lol what a crazy night, a mexican place on Broadway, Andale's.

purelife

I like the Mexican's deep-fried ice-cream.  

Sportsdude

Las Margaritas! found it :))))  

Sportsdude

oh yes, deep fried ice cream is good.  

Russ

Tuna sandwiches for lunchie... But it will be salmon for dinner.

Las Marguerita's is good but its more expensive than I remember mexican food being, lol.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|