So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

And it's also because you're paying for the credits, SD, that you pay more attention in uni/college than h.s.  

Sportsdude

eh, not really. I was kicked to the curb/fell through the cracks in public school back in middle school. Haven't been in a "public" school since grade 7. (never finished grade 8)
So I never had that drive in the private schools (except history and geography all geography and history classes I never finished the year below 100% somehow lowest test score I got was a 95%) except only to rebel against the tyrant/racist religious practices of the schools.

But in high school it was like "SD you know too much (when it came to history and geography), this is bad."

Great thing about Canada is that you take what your major says you to take. So I don't have to take any prequistes that I was never ever good at.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Glad to hear you are liking school, SD.

Weird night here.  Registration night for Scouts.  Absolute mayhem trying to run a Beaver Colony meeting with not a lot of preparation (brain still on summer vacation).

Got home late, Heckyl&Jeckyl fooling around instead of showering and getting ready for bed.  *sigh*  Message to call my mom.  Another relative passed away (not usual- HUGE family and many elderly people).  This time it was a reclusive great aunt.  Very sad circumstances and details unknown because the coroner is out of the office until tomorrow- apt manager says neighbours were suspicious, called police to break down the door and found her dead.  Yikes.  Now a lot of back-and-forth phone calls about when to have the memorial service and dinner.  *sigh*  Well, we're used to the funeral routine.  There have been a lot of them in the last 10 years- Hecyl&Jeckyl have been to basically as many funerals as Mr LM and I have....and most of the funerals have an open casket, so we're quite used to that...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

bummer lil me. Can't relate to the big family. But I've been to a lot of funerals. Wake is the tough one, funeral ends up being a big lunch in the church basement. (afterwards)

Second day in a row with mac and cheese, this time added a salad. I can eat mac and cheese for the rest of the month. ehhhh I've got enough.

Lil Me

Thanks SD.

Have you noticed- people call the mac and cheese Kraft Dinner here in Canada?  (like in the Barenaked Ladies song If I had a Million Dollars)

If I had a million dollars we wouldn't have to walk to the store
  If I had a million dollars we'd take a limousine 'cause it costs more
  If I had a million dollars we wouldn't have to eat Kraft dinner
  "But we would eat Kraft dinner."
  "Of course we would, we'd just eat more."
  "And buy really expensive ketchups with it."
  "That's right, all the fanciest Dijon ketchups."

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

yeah I know I've been calling it that too lately.

ugh omg everywhere my roommate who stays in his room goes he smells like a rooting corpse.  

DEAR GOD!!!!

How in the hell does this guy have a gf.

Schadenfreude

Have you noticed- people call the mac and cheese Kraft Dinner here in Canada?

If you're an aficionado, you call it [FONT size=5]KD.[/FONT] Or if you dislike it, Crap Dinner.
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Lise

Hey Lil Me!

Sorry to hear that about your auntie. Kinda makes you wonder though... how does one go through life without having any family contact? Then you wither and die a lonely death, no one beside you. So sad. I hope that will never happen to me. At least if God willing, give me the chance to say my goodbyes properly.

KD sucks. I don't understand why kids love them though. Ugh.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

KD is comfort food for me.  This might sound kind of odd, but a lazy meal my mom used to make was "Salmon Special".  Eat KD with a can of salmon and cream of mushroom soup on top.

Nowadays, if I'm gonna eat box mac and cheese, I prefer the President's Choice white mac and cheese from the StupidStore.

purelife

Hiya everyone.

I haven't touched KD for years.  I do like a good tuna casserole, though.  Sardine casserol, no way!  LOL

Yay!  Free lunch today...pizza from Flying Wedgey!

Lil Me

What's for lunch?  I just ate some brown rice with a can of spicy sardines ($0.70 at T&T).  It was different because they were panfried sardines stuffed in a can.  Bit oily, but tasty.  The bones are a bit more crunchy than regular sardines.  

Lil Me

Hi pl!  If the office bringing in pizza?  Lucky you.

purelife

Hey LM.  Yep.  Another Dept. is buying us pizza to show appreciation for our customer service and hard work.  We rarely have this happen.  It was I who suggested Flying Wedge. LOL

ADD:  Are those sardines really spicy?  I'm going to try it one day.  Were you just in and out, Lil Me?  I don't see you online... :(((((

P.C.

Hi everyone.

Leftover ribs for lunch.....and a nectarine and an apple.

I like KD every once in a blue moon.  I think for no other reason than we weren't allowed to have it as kids.  Now it's like a naughty treat.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Hey nectarine!  LOL.  I remember you said that you wanted to eat one, PC.  Good for you. :))))

|