So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Hmmm.  Maybe I should try the "good" sardines.  I usually buy the bargain ones (Brunswick, Unico, NoName)  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I always had for years too Lil Me.  And I actually thought I had just 'gone off' sardines.  So after all the years that I'd eaten Brunswick, (since I was a kid)  I tried another brand to see if that was it.   Cloverleaf are like Brunswick used to be.  (I find the Brunswick have like 4 fishies....the Cloverleaf has 20.)  Tender and more delicate taste.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

u guys are making me hungry!
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

And bless yer for recommending me the best sardines (from a can) I've ever had, PC!  I've been spoiled and probably won't go back to Brunswick's, though, I have about 3 cans to finish. Bleh!

Schadenfreude

Lil Me wrote:
Hey!  I had sardines tonight, too.  It was canned fish night- we opened some tuna, sockeye and sardines.  Brown rice and microwaved veg.

Does anyone else like pickled herring?  I have a jar in the fridge right now.

When I buy rollmops, it becomes a test of my will. If I do not control myself I will eat the whole jar.

With restraint, the jar usually last 3-4 days. At $8 / jar, it's like the Scotch I drink, only once in a while.

"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Schadenfreude

I've started sell stuff on eBay. I've sold 5 items up to this point. So far I've had 2 bidders not pay.

WTF? 2 out of 5 not pay. Is that average?
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

P.C.

Doesn't sound like a good average Schad.  I'm not experienced at all in selling on ebay, and have only ever made one purchase from ebay UK.  The seller of the item I bought was very efficient.  I had her parcel very quickly after the sale.

Are there not measures you can take to prevent this problem?

Lise

Pickled herrings? Oh wow. Never ate those before. I think I'll stick to my dried up anchovies.

eBay. I've sold only two games on eBay and that's about it. I guess I'm too scared to do business there. I think maybe ppl just changed their minds about the item. Could be. Kinda sucks as a seller because you lose your money, selling the items.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

I think you have to use a secure system like paypal to protect yourself. One colleague back East used to sell lots of stamps on Ebay and I dont think he ever got any problem been paid.

P.C.

Maybe that's something to do with the character of the type of buyer.  I wonder if philatelists might be more of the 'serious' nature.   [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/e094.gif" border=0]   (yea I know....I'm generalizing)

Lise

I used Paypal for a lot of transaction, it's the best way to transfer money so far. I am very leery of anyone that wants to pay by personal cheque or money bank.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Very plausible indeed.

Hey PC, have you seen, you've just got an admirer in the black bear thread.  

P.C.

Good morning Miss Lise.

I think we've actually got a good day going on out there.  I suppose I should get out and take advantage.  Summer is drawing to an end.  More gaggles of geese heading south again this morning.  I have never in all my years on the island seen them go this early.

Lise

Michel, PC is busy watching the geese and not the admiring bear! *tsk tsk*

Morning back to you, PC and Michel. It's unfortunate we don't get to see geese flying overhead by our place. It must be quite a sight there. All we get are crows and more crows. I think you may be right about autumn just round the corner. Brrrr.... I get cold just thinking about it.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Sure seemed like a mighty short summer to me.  *cry*

Anyways....take care......off to putter in the sunshine.

|