So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

tenkani

PL, if you figure out the car question let me know.

I'm also looking for a new/used car.

It will be my first so I'm sort of obsessing about the details.

But it sounds like we're looking for the same sort of vehicle. An emphasis on reliability and economy right? I thought about the Yaris but consumer reports does not recommend it. The Honda Fit is recommended although it seems to be a bit underpowered, but really that is the price you pay for great gas mileage. I have thought seriously about the Scion Xa, since I'm looking for a hatchback and it seems to have good reviews. Some people think it looks like a creepy bug. I think it's cute. I've also thought about the Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix for the extra cargo room (without giving up too much in terms of economy). Too many choices!!!

Anyway, hello Lunch Crew. I had a bowl of bibimbap and a large diet pepsi     :)  
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lise

Greetings, tenkani-san. Getting better now? Boy, you must love bimbibop a lot. You sure do talk a lot about that...... and now I want one.

I know next to nothing about cars so I've got no comments. All I want is a nice car with a tall, handsome Swedish gentleman with nothing but loin cloth driving me around.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Thanks for that link Lise.  I've bookmarked it.  I plan to buy a small crockpot and that recipe site looks awesome!  Bless.

Hiya tenkani!    

Lise

Well, it's really good to have a crockpot. I never thought it could do so much but it's great. You can just leave it before you go to work and then come back to a nice warm meal.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

The box still rocks! (directed at the Scion xB)
P.C. owns a matrix
Yaris is fine its just not a low emissions vehicle (at least not here) I can fit in so its big on the inside
The Fit is mobile all the seats fold flat into the floor creating a lot of cargo space.  Its the  peppiest of the bunch

If your looking at sub compacts here's a good comparo:
[a href="http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/10925/15000-cheap-skates.html"]
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/10925/15000-cheap-skates.html[/a]

1. Honda Fit
Highs:[span class="subheadline"][/span] Overtly sporty handling, classy interior, quick-witted in all its moves.
Lows: Mediocre rear-three-quarter visibility, no dead pedal.
Overall: The go-kart of economobiles.

2. Nissan Versa
Highs: Superb ride-and-handling trade-off, a back seat for three adults, commanding view ahead.
Lows: Throttle overrun, narrow front seats, awkward recline levers.
Overall: If you're chiefly interested in commuting and errand hopping, this is the one.

3. Kia Rio5
Highs:  Fun styling, some pretense of handling, big cargo capacity.
Lows: Another rope-a-dope shifter, no automatic door locks, a name that still draws quizzical looks.
Overall:  Like finding a dollar bill in your bag of Fritos, it won't change your life but it's a pleasant surprise.

4. Toyota Yaris
Highs: Velvety ride, fun shifter, agile around town, best observed fuel economy.
Lows: Too much body roll, cramped rear seat, falls short on directional stability.
Overall: A good replacement for the Echo but not a great replacement for the Echo.

5. Hyundai Accent
Highs: Cushy ride, unimpeded sightlines, church-mouse quiet at idle.
 Lows: A shifter attached to rubber bands, undisciplined springs and struts.
Overall: If you like the Accent, be sure to drive its more practical cousin, the Kia Rio5.

6. Dodge Caliber
Highs: Air-conditioned glove box, illuminated cup holders, will haul a month's worth of groceries.
Lows: Clunky two-step shifter, vague steering, abrupt clutch.
Overall: Shows potential but needs more development.

7. Suzuki Reno
Highs:  Strong performance, spacious front footwells, comfortable seats, pillowy ride.
Lows: Spongy shifter, a queen of roll and yaw, too obviously an economy car.
Overall: Acceptably good at everything, superb at nothing.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

LISE!!!  *hugz*

I can provide the swede but not the car. Sorry    :(

And the loin cloth will cost you extra.

I eat bibimbap every Tuesday because that is when they serve it.

If they served it every day then I would be an absolute bibimbap MACHINE!    >:(

I had a dream last night that I had borrowed someone's car and was driving slowly in a residential neighborhood. I was totally stressed out about sideswiping the parked cars. Then I couldn't seem to activate the braking mechanism. It wasn't like the brakes were out, it was like my foot was too weak or tired to push down on it. And I crunched into a parked car. I have had this dream several times. What do you think it means??    

Lise

I had dreams about braking and the brakes not working. I think I read somewhere that it means you want to take control of your life but you feel like it's spirallling out of control. Like you're losing some control no matter how hard you try. You get me?
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

Really?? I thought it just meant I'm afraid I will suck at driving, but now I know it's EVEN WORSE   *cry*

purelife

I've had a dream similiar to that, tenkani and lise.

When I think of my dream, I relate it to my current life.  And at that time, my life was in turmoil and I had so many stresses and was sick often.  I felt that my life was out of control and that I felt helpless, that there was nothing in my power to change anything.  Anyways, that's my take on it.

Sportsdude

When I have car dreams I'm either rally road driver (those guys are nuts) or I'm driving up some mountain path but nope never had one of those 'the brakes are out' dreams. If they were I'd just jump out of the car. lol  

tenkani

Hmmm, I suck at metaphors.

So I should jump out of my life??

Does that mean spending more time on DV?

Sportsdude

but we've all taken over the wheel now right? I know mine isn't out of control anymore. Its more like 'controlled chaos' I think its impossible to have control over your life.    

purelife

It means spending more time on DS, tenkani.  Here, have some peeled grapes.  ;)  

Lise

LOL.Ah, I wouldn't read too much into dreams, tenkani. It probably just means nothing.

And no, you shouldn't be going back to DV unless you want your head examined.  
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

DS does not appeal to obsessive masochists the same way DV does.

DV hurts sooooo good    :(

*cutting self*

Sorry, am I bringing down the room?

Somebody post a kitten pic before I cry again pls.

|