So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

yeah I know they're sold in the fall.  Still couldn't find where to get them.  Heck I even went to the asian centre by my house, no luck.    
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

I snuck the sardines into my room, closed the door and opened my window so the smell would go out of the house.  If I had the sardines in the kitchen I'd get yelled at.  

Gopher

How do you usually eat them, Sportsdude?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Gopher, YOU ROCK!  

You can try finding any kind of black bean cake or dessert, SD.  They taste similiar to the moon cakes.  Anything with a bean paste is similiar to mooncakes' taste.    

Sportsdude

oh thanks pl.  Black bean cake.  

Lise

Thanks on the ginger brand, purelife. I'll definitely give it a try if it'll help my stupid cough go away.

Preserved squid. Yep. Tried that too. Good stuff. Am somewhat addicted to these Chinese snacks. They're not good for your thighs and waist but oh, they taste so damn good.

Speaking of snacks, does anyone ever eat those pork rinds any more? I've tasted some before marrying my hubby. Those were quite delicious!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

yup I've had them.  Don't eat them a lot but they are good though.  

Lise

What about beef jerky? I had the Chinese ones but not the westernized ones. Any good?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

beef jerky is good. Pork rinds and beef jerky good driving foods on vacation.  

Lise

Out of curiosity, have you done your essay yet?
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

which essay? Oh that one no not yet working on the other english stuff first

Lise

Hookay. Well, I won't bugger you to get your ass off that well padded chair and go do your homework. *insert sublimal message for SD to get started*    
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Borrrrring 1 hour meeting earlier..... zzzzzzzzz.....  I totally didn't have to be in this....  :P

I'd rather much be on DS. ;)

Lise

Meetings can be such a drag. I know what you mean. I've been in meeting where nothing really gets going for like 1/2 hour and then you're counting down the minutes before it ends. I've been in one where the dentist would like go on and on about how to increase production (as if we can go any faster - he's the one doing the work) and how we should be aware of wasting products in the office. C'mon, you work in an environment where you deal with blood and saliva and you're worried about wasting too much disinfectant. What a noob.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Those meetings tell me that the company isn't doing so well financially.  I can't believe that they would try to cut corners to save money.  But, almost all companies do this.  If our company tried to cut corners in terms of an employees comfort, they would get sued.  For example, if they tried to tighten us up together, put in more desks and such to crowd our space right now, and if the person starts to have health problems and such and can prove it, our company would get sued.  

|