So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

gosh yeah I get yelled at for talking at my dad while he's eating.
Parents are bizarre. Mom comes in to pray with me everyday telling 'how I'll get through this' but she knows perfectly well I'm not religious anymore. I think she can't accept that.  She goes 'I know you don't trust the church anymore but its not all bad' I'm like yeah right, religion has become evil (although I don't say that to her face)

There's a quote from the late Olof Palme former PM of Sweden:

"Human beings will find a balanced situation when they do good things not because God says it, but because they feel like doing them."

I've taken that to heart.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Er..... OK, SD.

Speaking of light bulbs, is anyone going to the Festival of Lights at the Stanley Park? I want to go but it's tough with the kiddies. Went last year and even though we had tickets bought online, we had to wait like 1 hour in line for a ride that last less than 20 mins.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

sorry about that.
going to the park sounds like fun!

Festival of Lights? Is that when all the trees are lit up?

Lise

Hey, no worries. We all have insane family members one way or the other. Just chin up.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yeah, all will be clearer skies soon, open road ahead got this nasty road block at the moment, traffic is snarrled.  

Lise

Oops. Mistake. Festival of Lights at Van Dusen Garden.

Something else at Stanley Park. Don't know what it's called but you get to ride on a train and go through the park. And yes, the trees are lit.

Hm. Yummy firefighters too.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

cool! I bet that looks awesome at Stanley Park on a crisp cool night, clear skies and the city all lit up like it is at night.  Awesome city you guys live in.  

purelife

I haven't been to VanDusen's lights.  I might go for this year.  I've been to the Stanley Park twice and it's mighty beautiful.  I don't think that I'll be going this year.  

Lise

Yep, we do live in a beautiful city.

I might go Van Dusen Garden. Looks wonderful. I went there in the summer time. It was awesome.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

oh wow just did a search of the Festival of Lights at Van Dusen Garden and wow!  

Sportsdude

you sure do, some time I'd like to call it home as well.  KatKam turned the camera around and took shots of downtown in the snow with snowy streets and snow on the mountain. awe beautiful!  Its my background picture now.  

Russ

Should go to VanDusen for sure during that, they have singing some nights by choirs as well.

AT stanley park its the santa train? Crap I cant remember, Ive been on it though, Im actually going to go this year. Bring a mickey to keep the chill off.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Isn't the one at Stanley Park put on by the firemen to raise money for the burn unit?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

lol speaking of stanley park one of the first things I want to do when I get to Vancouver is bike the sea walls that go around the park.  Anybody ever done that?    

Russ

Yes it is kitten. I forgot about that... Hows your night going?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|