Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

uh, i think that was ME purelife. *sniff*
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

lol, purelife

was talking about emergency vehicles. Every time I look out of my window there's a police car pulling over somebody or an EMS vehicle flying down the highway.  I think there was an accident in front of my house last night as well. sheesh.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

You what Russ?  I'm confuzzled.

purelife

It's so C O L D in this office.  There appears to be NO insulation for the windows and no warm air coming.  SUX!

Gopher

Is there a legal temperature for inside working conditions?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Not that I know of to be honest. Thats an interesting point.

purelife

Hmmm, not sure about legal temperature.  

I don't want to have to wear turtlenecks.... bleh.

Sportsdude

lol can we switch places purelife? Its really hot here. lower 20's.  

Gopher

If there is a legal temperature and you're working in conditions below it, then you're entitled to walk out.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

This made me remember.. Anyone else have this? When I was growing up my dad would not turn on the heat until mid december and then only if it snowed, and off again the first week of Jan. In his mind thats when the cold season should be, not his problem if it didnt work that way. He would also say, "Cold? Put your slippers and an extra sweater on, you'll live."

Sportsdude

we put the heat on here when it gets between 4 and 10 C.  

purelife

Russ wrote:
  This made me remember.. Anyone else have this? When I was growing up my dad would not turn on the heat until mid december and then only if it snowed, and off again the first week of Jan. In his mind thats when the cold season should be, not his problem if it didnt work that way. He would also say, "Cold? Put your slippers and an extra sweater on, you'll live."
Oh my dad was the SAME way.  He would always remind me to turn off the lights when not in use.  He's a freak when it comes to wasting electricity and heat.  When us girls were cold, mom included, he still wouldn't turn up the heat.  He'll be like "wear more sweaters, more socks, more slippers."  My mom just turned it up anyways and then, in the middle of the night, my dad would turn it back down.  THANK GOODNESS, I don't live there anymore, only visit!  LOL

Sportsdude

wow thats crazy purelife.

purelife

Yup, it was crazy when I got spanked and yelled for NOT turning off the lights.  NOT FUN!

Russ

LOL, yep lights were a big one. Especially the flourescent ones, as they take more power to start up or so I was uh, told.

My bro and I were given a few chances then he would remove the light bulb from our room for the day to punish us. My mother used to laugh at him and his antics. She would put a light bulb in for us before she went to bed, then remove it when she got up in the morning before he remembered he had removed the bulb and went to go put it back in.

|