So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Chicken picatta? Wot's that?

S'long, TC. Have a nice and cold day!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Hey Thread Cop.  I'm doing ok....

chicken picatta sounds yummy.

I attempted to make quesadillas...burned the tortilla and my ingredients inside went out...oh well, try try again...

Sportsdude

you burned them purelife? that sucks. Keep the heat on a medium level therefore you won't burn the quesadillas as quickly.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I had it on medium low.  You're not supposed to overload the tortilla, right?  I stir fried onions, green peppers and tomatoes first.  Then, I added these on top with some tuna and shredded cheese.  Then, the other tortilla on top and flipping them, didn't work.  Things wanted to come out.  *sigh* oh well, at least it tasted okay.  

Sportsdude

hmm yeah I'll make a tutorial for yeah with pictures on each step for you tomorrow. Yeah overloading is easy to do. Can't seem to find large enough tortillas.  

purelife

Don't worry about it SD.  I think I know where my problem was.  Lower heat and I was supposed to put cheese first, then toppings and then cheese again.  I've got it now.  I shall attempt for ROUND NUMERO DEUX later this week.  I shall report my findings.  hee hee...  

Sportsdude

I put everything together first then I put it on the pan.  

purelife

Good evening all.

I hope you're keeping dry and warm... what's for dinner?

Sportsdude

I had chicken and brocoli  

Russ

Potato pancakes! And my Oma came over and sat in a chair behind me as my gf and I were making them, and poked me whenever she thought I wasnt making as she would, lol.

It was good. Some wine then tried to play a game but it didnt work so we gave up and watched tv for a bit then took her home.

I shoveled the walk 8 times today, and just looked outside and you cant tell Ive even done it! Also its gonna freeze tonight, so make sure that theres no footprints packed onto your sidewalk or when it freezes itll turn to ice and you'll need salt. I know I will, gonna buy 5 -6 bags tomorrow.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

wow must have snowed pretty hard. Doesn't take me long to shovel the sidewalk for me. A couple of minutes.  At least I'm good at something. lol

purelife

Does Oma = Grandmother?  Is this a German word?

Sportsdude

Oma- Grandma
Opa- Grandpa

purelife

Cool.  I remembered hearing this word before.  

Russ

Yes it is purelife, sorry, I call her that without thinking.

I stirfryed my chicken with olive oil and montreal seasoning first, then added onions, the multicultural peppers, celery, etc. Kept adding some spices and olive oil, then pulled off and put the frying pan on. I used medium heat, put olive oil down, put the whole tortilla down in the pan, added cheese over the whole thing (note DONT be skimpy or stingy with the cheese), let it start to melt, then add the stir fry and flop in half. about 45s a side then and should be good to go. The tortilla should be pretty stiff and kinda browned like what Sportsdude said. Keep em on a plate in the oven at 220 deg F, then serve with salsa and sour cream.

Thats how I created em anyhow, I want to see how SD does it though. Always something to learn and attempt!

Im screwing around with the crock pot for tongiht.

EDIT: Too slow! Thanks SD, thats it exactly.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|