So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Ah, remiscences of your days in cabaret, I presume.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

I shun the spotlight.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 I've had an earthquake kit for years.  We would have enough of everything we need for 3 weeks.  I don't think people can really visualize what it could be like if an earthquake were to hit.    

You may have a great survival kit, but if your house collapses, will you have access to it ? You may have car keys....but will there be roads?  Is it possible that if you have money, that even if you could get yourself to a store....would there BE a store ?  

I think about it sometimes, and what it may be like.  What if it's December as opposed to August?..........................

Mornin.

Yeah, we actually have an advantage as we have tons of camping stuff around se were are set like that. Just leave your tent and other camping stuff easily accessable, your set then.

We have canned food thats ten years old, who cares? If its sealed it should be ok at worst case scenario. Lots of them are rusty in areas, as long as its not through its only surface rust, just like 30% of the cars on teh road right? They arent thrown away cause of a little brown colouring. We have four rubbermaids with canned food and left over camping instant stuff for camping use and accessible in case of an emergency.

We also have two large containers full of water.. We also have one of those hand pumps for when you go overnight hiking for water, another thing that everyone could get are those purification tablets. Put them in any water as well as boiling and you are set.

As for a stove, lol, find someone like me thats getting rid of some of the older ones that are white gas. Go to a flea market or garage sale or craigslist, people get rid of two burner coleman stoves for like 10 bucks. As long as it works who cares? Get a container of white gas and store it with the stove, the container of white gas is 11 bucks.

Biggest suggestion I can give is get stuff that doesnt require lots of water to make, you may need the water for other things.

Go to a survival store like an army surplus or MEC and buy those MRE's that the military uses, they last for ever and although expensive, have all you need to get by.

Just spend a few hours and think about what you and your family need and plan accordingly, yeah it will probably never happen, but what happens if it does? Better to be prepared as just look at how Katrina was handled and that will give you an idea at that level or worse for us.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Wow, Russ.... I guess in case of an emergency, can we all bunk with you?  You sound like the most prepared person I know. Except for the guys here on the forum, I know of no other that has an emergency kit in their place.

Shopping bliss. Or twenty minutes of it before I got the call. No place in the playground for Lise Jr. Ah well. Fortunately hubby promised me another go next time. I'm holding him to that.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

Twenty minutes???  Not what I'd call a shopping spree.  More like the hundred-yard dash!  Better luck next time!

Lise

Meh. I know, Ms. kitten. It was more like browse and see whatever's on hand and make the dash to meet hubby and kid. And I didn't even get to look at clothes.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

Even if you did there wouldn't be time to try anything on.  It seems like a waste of time.  Such a shame, Lise.  He should give you a full morning in exchange for this.

Lise

He should give me a diamond bracelet for this. Hehe.

What's for dinner tonight?

Mine's going to be hotpot again. I'm getting rather good at this.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

WHAT? Only twenty minutes? Why? Can he not handle your children for that long?? My dad used to take us (my bro and I.. we were terrors as two boys at once that have mechanical knacks. Opening light sockets and took the tv apart one time) once a week at least from my mother. On a saturday all day and night, sometimes both sat and sun evenings. He also used to do two nights a week.

But everyone has different circumstances and jobs...

Did you at least buy something cool on his credit card?

Lise

You're kidding me. Leaving him with two kids alone. He'll loose it in five minutes. I should send his name to Crash Test Mommies.

No, haven't had time to use his credit card but you can be sure I'm charging him for this. He'll have to pay dearly come Christmas. Housework is high on my list...... but he says it's way too expensive for him. Hmph.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Roast lamb, roast potatoes, squash, marrow & gravy.

Russ

Wow, sounds good gopher, can I come over? :)

I just had breakfast to be honest. Bacon ends and poached eggs n cheese.

Gopher

Sorry, I've eaten it already.

Lise

I miss bacon. *sigh* Actually I miss the Chinese roasted pork with all the fat and skin. YUM. Ah well.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Why do you MISS Bacon? Some sort of diet or regime you have to go on?

|