So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

the best place for turkducken is where it was created in this small town north of new orleans in louisiana. They did a story on the place once. People come from as far away as arkansas and alabama, texas and oklahoma just to get this thing.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Actually the concept goes back centuries to France.

There is also a vegetarian version. A tofu stuffed with tempeh and seitan, commonly known as "Tof*cken."   (yes, really.....lol)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

I'm presently trying to come up with a recipe where I can use borcht as a base for the chicken stuffing.

I will call it TehBorken.  

Sportsdude

really? France? Southern Louisiana would say otherwise.

[A href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken[/A]

National Geographic did a story on Turducken and concluded that it orginated from Hebert's Speciality Meats in Maurice, Louisiana.

P.C.

There's a difference in creating and claiming 'ownership' of a recipe and the origin of the dish. I can come up with a variation of a pizza, that is of my own invention, therefore making the recipe 'mine'....but I certainly couldn't claim that I invented pizza. But turducken does go back to 18th century France. Paul Prudhomme claims to have developed the recipe for turducken, but many debate his claim.  He may have come up with 'a recipe', that he can claim as his own, but that doesn't have much to do with the origin of the dish.

'Since Cajuns originated from French Canada. it could be assumed that the recipe came with them and morphed into today's version'.

[DIV align=center]
[P align=left][FONT face=Verdana size=2][FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt" face=Verdana][/FONT]

[/DIV][/FONT]

Sportsdude

P.C.

lol.....if I could only find my 18th century cook book, all would be straightened out.

Sportsdude

thats okay I believe yeah you seem to know a lot about french history, do you have french ancestors?

Lise

P.C. wrote:
I'm presently trying to come up with a recipe where I can use borcht as a base for the chicken stuffing.

I will call it TehBorken.

Hmmm............ salivating already.

Wet, wet, wet, wet, wet! Argh. Typical Vancouver weather. It's raining dogs and cats, can't go out and have to stay home. *long sigh*

What did everyone have for lunch? I'm going to have leftovers from dinner. We had hotpot.  

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

cool its raining? Awesome. Here there's not a cloud in the sky.

P.C.

thats okay I believe yeah you seem to know a lot about french history, do you have french ancestors?

Sportsdude...I don't know where my response to this went, but it obviously isn't here....lol

What I know about history is pathetic to say the least.  On the other hand, I know a few things about cooking.  I DO have french ancestry. My grandmother was born just outside Paris, and although she was a spectacular cook, I doubt even she would have been able to enlighten us as to the origin of recipes from the 18th century.  Mmmm....memories of grandmas cooking....ahhhhhhhhh[/DIV]

Sportsdude

yeah grandma's are always good cooks it seems especially if they came from another country for some reason. The food is completely different.

Sportsdude

Yawn. (looks around for something to eat)

Russ

I agree. Grandmothers cooking is always the best, unfortunately for me mine is 94 and we dont like her around hot things or sharp objects.

Im thinking about cooking eggs, bacon, and stuff for lunch.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

I had crab and cream cheese and sprouts on sinfully soft squishy white bread.  I couldn't help myself.  (not TOO bad....at least it was homemade bread)  

|