So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

It's one of these elliptical machine. Supposed to work out the abs too. Just finished assembling this monstrosity and my husband is loving every bit of it. So far so good but we'll just have to see.

[A href="http://www.elliptical-exercise-machines.com/"][FONT size=1]http://www.elliptical-exercise-machines.com/[/FONT][/A]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

cool. The problem I mainly run into with home equipment is getting bored. Need a tv or something to look at makes the time go by quicker. Mp3 players just don't do it for me all time. Can't stare at a wall for 20 minutes.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

CK

Sportsdude wrote:
cool. The problem I mainly run into with home equipment is getting bored. Need a tv or something to look at makes the time go by quicker. Mp3 players just don't do it for me all time. Can't stare at a wall for 20 minutes.

I made a workout room in my basement. I have a stationary bike and a row machine for cardio. rowing is amazing for upper body. I have a complete set of free weights and a bench. Nothing fancy, but it does the trick. I just need music. I wired speakers downstairs from the main level and I crank it!

Hey what is for lunch? I have homemade turkey soup, and some pecan/peach pie.

Lise

Greetings CK! Long time no chat!

I haven't had a chance at the elliptical machine yet. No time but we can kinda look at a TV while working out so it's not so bad.

But yeah, I know what you're talking about though, SD. Need entertainment to work out. It's so boring working out. I tried working out at the gym and got fed up. Took up hiking which was wonderful. Problem is the weather here. When it turns cold, can't go hiking and now with two kids, it's even harder. *sigh*

One day I like to return to hiking, hopefully with the kids so they can appreciate the wonders of BC nature.

Lunch today is a big question mark. Don't know. I might purchase a roast chicken from Superstore and do some mashed potatoes and boiled veggies.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Oh when your kids get older you can go on camping trips again. The only thing I missed about boy scouts was the camping every month. Granted we went to the same place every month and that became quite boring but still nothing beats camping in zero degree weather in january. lol!

Lise

No way I'm doing camping, SD. I like the creature comfort of four walls and a roof top, not to mention flusable toilets.

Hiking one day is enough. I can't even go into the bushes for crying out loud unless the force is really great and I have no choice.
Bill Cosby.

CK

Hi Lise! *Hugs*

I love camping. But camping better involve a beautiful lake at my tent opening.

Hey, back to the cardio thing. Another thing that passes the cardio workout quickly for me is reading. I find just a few pages and time flies.

Lise

Oh yeah, I forgot how much you love camping there, CK. I'm just scared about the flies and the bears. Gawd.....

I tried reading and doing my workout too. Still boring.

Oh here's another question, why is it that when one works out at the gym, you get stares from guys? It's so creepy and uncomfortable. If there are no girls there, the guys look into the mirror ALL the time. Ugh.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Oh here's another question, why is it that when one works out at the gym, you get stares from guys?

LOL Lise.  Yeah, that's the problem when you're at a busy gym.  I used to go to the local Recreation Centre's gym but was lucky that nobody bothered me.  I was always left alone and the guys there were nice and shared the equipment with me.  Now, the gym I'm at is in my office building where it is more quiet and no guys stare at you like they're hunting for flesh or something.  Gawd, I would feel uncomfortable.

Lise

Have you been to the Bonsor workout gym? Now that's really uncomfortable, purelife. Been there once and NEVER again. Too many guys are either in love with watching the girl work out or with their muscles.

The cardio workout room in Bonsor looks nice though. I haven't step in that place but it looks really good. No more guys staring there, I think.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I haven't been there before.  I can imagine that at Bonsor.  I can't blame the guys for looking.  Gosh, some girls on the elipticals and treadmills just have such toned asses!  Oh, beautiful!  LOL  

CK

Hi purelife!

Hey Lise, camping isn't too bad. If you are tenting with friends, make sure to drip some steak sauce on their tents before bed. The bears will eat them first, maybe you will have time to get away. Mind you, I hear a bear will just rip out their stomachs, maiming them enough so they can't get away, then come and eat you, go back to the maimed food (people) later. Wanna go camping with me? (hehee).

I am not sure about the gym and people in them, I haven't been in a public gym since I went to uni.

Sportsdude

LOL, I admit I end up staring at females mainly because I'm bored. lol. One time I was lifting 400lbs and I didn't set the machine back to zero when a girl worked on the machine after me. lol

But mainly I work out during the dead of night and I look around to see if anyone is there. The sit up machines are located at the windows and a bunch of teens eating ice cream were watching and laughing at me. idiots.

CK

purelife wrote:
 [/DIV] Gawd, I would feel uncomfortable.[/DIV]
 You know purelife, I would have a hard time working out around a hottie like you. I would be doing bench presses and ..(OMG purlife is walking by...drop...crunch on my chest...ribs broken...etc...) haha!  

Lise

Hehe. if you see purelife in person and working out, you might get more than what you're asking for.....

[FONT size=1].... then you really have to concentrate on putting something else out....................... [/FONT]
Bill Cosby.

|