So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

I think we may go on a cruise this weekend.  A nice trip overseas.

Well, over to the mainland anyway.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

CK

That is always fun! I am sure it is always nice when you go home and leave the Lower Mainland, getting back to paradise hey?

Hey, I have really been looking at the Island as a choice to start my own business within the next couple years. Not wanting to be in Victoria though, would like to be in a quieter place. Still, North Okanagan/Shuswap is calling. Everything is still up in the open. I will be here for awhile yet.

P.C.

Well growth over here is amazing.  I've often selfishly wished they would put up a gate.

(of course there would always be exceptions as to who could pass through the gate, CK....lol)

I think back to when I first moved over here, and wept every day.......for months.  I SO didn't want to be here.  Wild horses couldn't drag me back now.

P.C.

Must get busy......tons to do today.  Have a great day CK. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/a010.gif" border=0]

I'll probably pop in and out for my breaks.

tenkani

Wow, there is more action here than on DV, wh000t!!    :)
Good morning!!

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

CK

You were sad at first hey? I have a buddy that moved from Burnaby to the Island and he said the only thing that would make him move back to the Lower Mainland is if the Island started to sink! haha! He loves it too. I do love it. If you let me through the gate, I could help keep it clean..I want to start my own environmental consulting biz. Making industry make sure they are not too piggish, and getting paid to do it! haha!  

CK

Chat laterz P.C.! I will miss you! *hugs*

Hello Ten *hugs to you*

tenkani

That's a beautiful dream, CK!!
Some day I'm going to visit the island.
I hope it's still above water when I finally get there!

CK

Oh dammm! I forgot a good recipe for a wok!

Well, there are tons online.

But some hints of mine.

I always use sesame oil.

slightly cook the meat first before adding veggies.

there are a million different sauces you can buy or create.

garlic, ginger = yummm!

brown rice always a good companion.

cook at medium to medium low heat. too much can burn down home.    

CK

tenkani

Sorry about the meeting   :(

Thanks for the wok advice! Keep it coming 'cause I'm a menace in the kitchen.
I made another attempt last night. It was an asparagus and water cress stir fry.
I'm not used to my new electric range (plus I'm a retard) so I turned on the front burner thinking it was the rear burner and then set my wok on the rear one. I added the vegies and was happily stir-frying until I realized the wok was cold. I also realized that if I'd put my paw down on the hot front eye of the stove I would have ended up with a nice souvenir.

What a world...

P.C.

I always use peanut oil to stir fry.  Your wok should be quite hot to start.....even before you add your oil.  Peanut oil has a very high smoking point.....other oils will 'scorch' and smoke before your wok is ready to cook.  Adding your oil to the pan before bringing it up to temp, promotes food sticking to the wok.  

If doing meat, add your garlic just before meat is done as it burns quickly and gets that bitter burnt garlic taste. Your garlic will remain 'purer' tasting. The hotter your wok when you start, the less oil will be absorbed into your food.

Always keep it moving.....if it is cooking a little TOO quickly, just pick it up off the heat and tip food up the sides and again.....keep it moving.    

Lise

All this talk about cooking with a wok is making me hungry.

BTW, here's another tip for the wok - don't put garlic in first. You're more likely to burn it. Put everything else in first like ginger, onions... then garlic. Make sure there's a buffer between garlic and the wok.

Another great thing about the wok is that you can double it as a steamer. You can buy this metal tray from Chinatown, fill the wok with water, put a bowl with whatever you need to steam and close the lid. Minutes later, you've got a great steamed dish. Excellent for steaming dim sum too.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

If doing meat, add your garlic just before meat is done as it burns quickly and gets that bitter burnt garlic taste. Your garlic will remain 'purer' tasting.

Um....Lise.  I think we covered that lesson....rofl  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/e058.gif" border=0]

CK

How about Lise and P.C. slowly roll around some CK man meat??

|

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Does the Washington Monument weigh more or less than 5 hamsters?:
Spammers like to suck monkey dicks, true or false?:
Was Secret Agent 007's last name "Bronco"?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview