So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

tenkani

Ugh. Good luck with that!
They say for language it's best not to try to cram, but I always ended up unprepared for tests, having to stay up late with those stupid flash cards    :(

Let me know how the test went.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lise

Hi all,

To SD: Good luck on your tests. Don't worry too much about them. Just concentrate hard and don't drink booze before exams.

Lise Jr. 2nd has been keeping her Mama and Dada up. I had forgoteen what it was like to clean diapers after diapers after diapers. Not to mention the 2 hour feeding time period at night. GAWD. How to parents do it, I'll never know.

How's everyone doing?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

okay. Last test I took I swore I failed an I got a B. Highest I ever got on a foreign language test. Now stupid me, I'm listening to Habs games on the french radio channel. ugh. If only it was spanish. Why can't Univision people talk SLOW!! Argh! Whenever I listen to something in french I can get a general idea because they talk slower. If I watch a spanish film from Spain I can understand because they talk slower. But when its god damn univision I'm lost!  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

You can understand French?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I can understand Spanish I've taken it before. I can understand French I've taken it before. Not a good reader of the languages, can't form sentences. But give me verbal directions or something in both of the languages and I can get a picture.

Listening to sports on the radio in a different language is easy. The names don't change so when they say a different name that means the ball or puck is in there possession. Then you pick up other words that they say over again. Like penalty and stuff. And when they score the french announcers have an orgasm and start screaming like little girls. Which is hysterical.

tenkani

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise      :O  
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lise

Hey tenk-san,

Missing you heaps. Hope all is well with the Supreme Master of the Oniverse.

Peace out, bro.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Lise LISE!  Miss you much.  I hope to see you soon. :)  Tell me when, where and I'll be there.    

Sportsdude

i completely bombed my test I know it.

purelife

I'm sure you did okay on it.  Let us know how you did when the results come in.  Will you know on Wed? or next week?

Sportsdude

Most likely Wednesday. I had a Eureka! moment but when that usually happens on a language test I fail miserably. On one of the questions for example I think I wrote: "I will not be talking during the weekend" LOL!!!

I thought I remembered everything before I left but while I was going 140kph on the highway I must have forgotten a few things. Shouldn't rush, rushing is bad, very bad, geesh I was weaving in and out of traffic. I've never done that before. Bad, bad, bad. Oh well I wasn't the only one going super fast. Some idiot in an Acura was going 170kph. So I basically followed him.

purelife

Some idiot in an Acura was going 170kph. So I basically followed him.
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]LOL, would've been fun to watch.  We don't have highways here where we can go 140.  That's FAST!  Holy smokes!  

Sportsdude

LOL. I've gone faster my car goes up to 177kph but I've only hit that on a empty straight flat highway. This guy was going that fast in the middle of rush hour weaving in and out of traffic.

Although I think the fastest I ever got to a place was when I was late for pregame warm ups for my football game 50km's away. I got there in 10 minutes. lol! I don't drive like that anymore too childish and dumb.

Ally

Hey DS'ers!

I've been sort of watching Discover Seattle and Discover Vancouver for quite some time now.  It's interesting how there's a lot more garbage on the Discover Vancouver forum.  Why is that?  I've also watched as many regulars have switched from Discover Vancouver over to Discover Seattle.  Very sad that some people feel it necessary to troll.  

CK

HAPPY TUESDAY! ok, what the F/*% is so great about Tuesday? You are alive, and every day is a gift!

Lunch? Fruit salad, cottage cheese and a couple hard boiled eggs.    

|