So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Natasha

Cookies and chocolate milk? Are you Santa?

Sometimes I skip breakfast but that's it. My diabetes makes it difficult for me to skip meals and/or snacks and/or workouts.

Neeener

I have been called Santa on occasion :)  I did go out to the garden today and munched on some baby carrots.
Maybe I'm the Easter bunny :)

Natasha

Maybe you're the long lost love child of Santa and the Easter Bunny?

Neeener

LOL Maybe, and maybe that explains the big ears I have. .  

Sportsdude

I made this weird vegetarian chicken paprikash dish (without the chicken) for dinner. It turned out a more pleasing than I had anticipated. That's three days in a row of weird concotions.

'North American style' bibimbap (egg, rice, Tabasco sauce, onions, peppers, mushrooms)
vegetarian paprikash (paprika, garlic, diced tomatos, onions, mushrooms)
and the salmon stir fry (salmon, peppers, mushrooms/sauce, onions, curry, paprika)

the grocery store was out of decent eggplant. So I've had to compensate.

I think I'll make my Swedish dish and try making lentil soup next.

I'm bored.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

LM@work

Toonie Tuesday last night.

I quite like the extra crispy/spicy.

Natasha

Sportsdude wrote:
I made this weird vegetarian chicken paprikash dish (without the chicken) for dinner. It turned out a more pleasing than I had anticipated. That's three days in a row of weird concotions.

'North American style' bibimbap (egg, rice, Tabasco sauce, onions, peppers, mushrooms)
vegetarian paprikash (paprika, garlic, diced tomatos, onions, mushrooms)
and the salmon stir fry (salmon, peppers, mushrooms/sauce, onions, curry, paprika)

the grocery store was out of decent eggplant. So I've had to compensate.

I think I'll make my Swedish dish and try making lentil soup next.

I'm bored.

I read that and think "heartburn". Can any substitutions be made for that? And the mushrooms. I don't like mushrooms. Maybe I should try something else since I pretty much can't eat or don't like everything listed  =(

Sportsdude

Natasha wrote:
[strong style="font-style: italic;"]I read that and think "heartburn". Can any substitutions be made for that? And the mushrooms. I don't like mushrooms. Maybe I should try something else since I pretty much can't eat or don't like everything listed  =([/b]

[/p] Its not as 'omg heartburn attack' as you might think. Then again, I basically eat 1 whole onion a day and maybe my cultural and regional cuisine background may play a role in my tastes, which might make me more used to foods that others would not be so crazy about. (doubtful though)

i.e. paprika, sauerkraut, garlic, black beans, 'hot salsa', macaroni with bbq chicken, pecan pie etc.
(haha near the end)

An Avocado with cheese and mushrooms omelet along with an apple. And green tea with honey to drink for 'brunch'

LM@work

avocado, kiwi, rice cakes, green tea

DDD

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Orik

no breakfast
no lunch
super  was a hamburger 1/2 the bun (other half turned into floor pizza sauce side down) mixed onions (red & white) heavy lettuce, 1 giant tomatoe sliced into 6 pieces they never made it to the plate, ate right at the cutting board a  the tomatoes are just perfect. ripe juicy and slightly chilled  mixed veggies carrots were a bit to soft. but steamed them anyways. broccoli had definitely seen better days but added to the steamer also... as for the french frys they were accidentaly spilled into the sink, which  was full of hot soapy dish water... what a waste no potatoes left so I could not make more... Grrr.. so I Tripled my veggie plate, Now I am sitting here feeling way to damn full.

Tomorrows lunch shall be 2 deep fried chicken legs in beer batter.& hot sauce.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Hahahah, floor pizza.

Teriyaki pork, spring rolls and Asian salad for dinner.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

=))

lol it is a funny expression, just not so funny, when you ruin your dinner, cause of improper or poor kitchen planning. To many things on the counter, this allowed to many chances for things to go wrong and like they usually do, they did just that. My own fault, for not taking the time to organize things before hand...  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

A giant pot of black beans, corn, diced tomatoes that ended up soupy (I was going for this), hot sauce, paprika, pepper over rice and an avocado on the side.

Then walked the beach and went to Diary Queen.
Then later, nighttime tea.

|