So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Well, I spoke too soon on the rain.  The skies opened up, so we made a mad scramble trying to get the roof on.  Sawdust put in the rafters while I followed right behind putting on the sheathing.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

You must've been running!

Leftover stirfried vegetarian noodles and rice for dinner.

Weekend was ok.  Ran errands Sat, took Heckyl and Jeckyl and one of their friends for AYCE Mongolian BBQ.  They only charged 6.95 per kid, so we totally got our money's worth.  Sunday was BC Rivers Day so spent the day along the river with the Scouts.  Clean-up, ran a PR booth, helped kids build boats.  Went out last night with my parents and their visiting friends (this tourist couple are the  MOST BORING people on earth).  Given the fact that it was Sunday night and we were exhausted, we took off early.          
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I'm tired of killing fruit flies. So off to eat out again for dinner.
At least the fly army isn't in my room.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

SD....put out a little dish of vinegar.  

purelife

What does the dish of vinegar do to the flies?  I have little flies around too, especially in the bathroom.  I don't know where they come from.

The rain was very refreshing.

Sportsdude

I don't have vinegar, will vinegar attract other bugs from outside? Other bugs come in, and one of these days, I'm expecting an animal to jump on my lap while watching the BBC.

The guys keep the living room windows open, which is stupid considering the ridiculously strong winds off the ocean = I'm always sick, as my door is at the end of the hallway.

P.C.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]I don't have vinegar, will vinegar attract other bugs from outside? Other bugs come in, and one of these days, I'm expecting an animal to jump on my lap while watching the BBC. [/span][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]The guys keep the living room windows open, which is stupid considering the ridiculously strong winds off the ocean = I'm always sick, as my door is at the end of the hallway[/span].

No...the vinegar will not attract other bugs from outside.  Light will....but not vinegar.  

SD...leaving window open will not make you sick.  On the contrary, cutting off fresh air source will make you sick.  You always being sick isn't because your windows are open.  I'm never sick, and my windows and doors are never closed...even in winter.

purelife...I forgot to add...a saucer of vinegar with a couple drops of liquid dish soap will do the trick.  I'm not a fan of killing anything, so if this is an issue for you, you can put the vinegar and soap in a tall container with saran on it and a few holes poked in it.  They will be attracted to it....go in, but they can't get out.  Then you can release them outside once trapped.

Sportsdude

They're not going into the vinegar, but on the rim of the bowl.

Gopher

Sportsdude wrote:

Lavatory?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]They're not going into the vinegar, but on the rim of the bowl.[/span]

Sneaky little buggers.  

Try the deeper glass with the cover.

purelife

Thanks for the tip, P.C.  Do you have an idea of how to get rid of spiders?  They just LOVE my bathroom, especially the bath tub.

For lunch, I stir fried some tofu with eggplant and red lentils.  My first time creation and it tasted pretty good, of course after adding some flavor.

This kind of weather makes me wanna stay home all day long with a blankey on the couch.  

SD - if you're getting sick all the time from the windows/doors being open, (it's not a good thing and I agree with P.C.), perhaps you need a boost of vitamin C and/or echinecea (sp?) to boost your immune system.  I also find that vitamin B100 complex helps when you're stressed.  Just a suggestion.  I'm sure you can't afford to be sick all the time.  

P.C.

Spiders will go where there is moisture.  Try keeping the plug in....but they end up getting discovered in your bathtub, because they can't get out.  I've been using peppermint spray in a few areas where they seem to congregate, and it works really well.    

JJ

Sportsdude wrote:

[FONT color=#800080][A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4BMzkVLpt4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4BMzkVLpt4[/A][/FONT]

P.C.

LOL   JJ, that's perfect !!!  So the message is....patience is key ?  TOO funny.  

purelife

That's a neat video!  I like it.  :)

Thanks for the tip, P.C.  I sprayed and waited.

Dinner was salmon, mashed taters and steamed broccoli.  We're going to watch Transformers II soon!

|