So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Van

[img height=35 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Other/28.gif" width=31 border=0] .
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

lol.  I guess they are just places where large piles of snow have fallen out of the trees....but they have left perfect circles.  It feels a little less cold out there this morning....but still don't think I'll get the car out of the drive.  Just as well, I have plenty to do.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

P.C.

Hahhahaaa.  He just isn't phased by all of this snow at all.  Mind you, he's sporting a triple XL coat these days.

Sportsdude

Our puppy saw snow for the first time a couple weeks ago and freaked out when flakes started hitting him. Now he loves the snow. Whenever it snows the cat walks out like he's on a type rope.

morning Van, PC, Michel. Taking a cab, bag is way too big and no way am I going to trudge around in the snow with luggage. What's a good time to leave before a flight flying domestically in Canada?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Sportsdude

Plane leaves at 2pm goes to Calgary arrives at 4:25pm, leaves Calgary at 6pm arrives at Denver at 8:25pm leaves Denver at 9:05pm arrives in St Louis at 11:59. Now I highly doubt the planes will be on time, as there's snow in the forecast for every city and freezing rain for St Louis. lol

apparently a one way flight to Tokyo is 7hrs, I know this kid doing the 3 connecting flights and he lives in Zürich. lol I'm only going 2 time zones. sad. lol

Russ

Morning PC, VAn, SD, and Michel...

SD: I normally arrive at the airport an hour before for a flight domestically. This is cause of the lineups fo rchecking in baggage (pain in the ass) and because after checking in your bag, you have to go through the metal detector security check.. which is usually an even longer line. Remember its christmas time.. so there will be lots and lots of people.

I found out this morning I will be leaving after xmas but right before new years.. <sigh> at least its xmas at home this year then.

Michel: Theres nothign wrong with buying very very useful stuff from losers like you described.. I have a closet full of such useless stuff. I mean, I really need two pairs of cowboy boots and tow pairs of other leather dress boots. I wear them all the time.. dont you? (not) I have two leather jackets, I wear one once a month or so. The other Im keeping as a spare for when my first one wears out in the year 3000.

PC: Its much more fun to be camping in the snow, and to have the snow start to come off the branches from high up when you are in a tent.. Its really neat to be woken up by a loud sound, then sound of something slamming into your tent, your tent roof rushing at you until four inches above your face, panic, all your covers come off so you are in the fareezing cold, the roof rebounds, you are wide awake, shivering, and feeling like a fool. Repeat every hour or so. I love winter camping!

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Russ....you're made of MUCH better stuff than I.  Even in my serious backpacking days....it was a summer time kind of thing.

Russ

P.C. wrote:
Russ....you're made of MUCH better stuff than I.  Even in my serious backpacking days....it was a summer time kind of thing.

Er, yeah. Especially after I have had some spiced apple cider packages mixed with the captain for keeping warm purposes only.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

Thanks Russ! wow only an hour? Usually its 2hrs for American domestics. Although depending on the day, I've still been able to pull of the 30-40min check in which was pure luck actually, and 5am in the morning at a p.o.s. regional airport that serves a village of 3.5mil.    

Michel

Michel

Sportsdude

Indeed and to make it worse, St Louis lost its hub status with American Airlines after they bought/merged with the hometown world carrier the famous TWA. St Louis used to have a lot of International connections, now its a pathetic regional airport and the silly thing is when it was a hub we built this airport in the middle of nowhere that nobody uses and we expanded the airport (thinking that the airport would still be important). Its sad, to go to Seattle you either go through Chicago, Denver, or Phoenix. lol  

P.C.

And you all knock car travel.  When I go somewhere....I go DIRECT !  

|