So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Sportsdude

So early! lol
Everyone on this campus has been done for weeks. Most of the people I know left around the 9th.
I come back on the 4th, if I survive the plane ride to Vegas, its a plane that malfunctions and crashes a lot.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Looks like BC Highway people haven't plowed north or Courtenay. The road is just white at this hour on the transportation website.  

Michel

Michel

Lil Me

lol @White Hell!
 Morning.  Coffee anyone?

Mornings are quite nice these days.  MrLM is home to get Heckyl and Jeckyl ready for school, make lunches, and hurry them along.  I was so sick of the morning nag routine....same thing every morning....

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

SD- I just saw your hometown on tv.  Was watching National Lampoon's Summer Vacation...love that movie.  When the Grizzwolds cross the river and take the wrong exit at St Louis and end up in the ghetto.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Im joining you LM.. good to hear!  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

haha. Yeah, North St. Louis, if only the glory days of North St. Louis depicted in that movie could come back, literally. But the movie is correct about getting lost downtown on the highways. Some really smart person decided it was wise to merge 3 major interstate highways onto one bridge crossing over the Mississippi then have the next exit be an exit for 3 interstate highways splitting off while continuing on a 4th. brilliant foresight, the man deserves a bust and a street named after him.

add: Oh oh puuuuurfect movie to watch next for you. Trains, Planes, and Automobiles. Its snowing outside, its the holidays, and its another Missouri/Illinois centric movie. The airport still hasn't changed, crappy parking lots.

Then later watch In the Heat of the Night. lol

bwhaha I found the movie where they destroy St. Louis. Some crappy Sci-fi movie
[a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433883/"]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433883/[/a]

"It's 2 A.M. in St. Louis when a routine scientific experiment goes terribly wrong and an explosion shakes the city. A scientific team investigates, clashing with an intergalactic, voltage-devouring creature that vaporizes them. By 7 A.M. a chain of earthquakes is tearing the city apart while a massive swirling black hole is consuming the remains. The alien is devouring every source of electricity it finds and destroying every human who blocks its way. Mass chaos rules as St. Louis is being evacuated. Only a few people, scientist Eric Bryce, his assistant Shannon, and General Ryker comprehend the mortal danger. By midnight, the Pentagon initiates a nuclear attack against the black hole. Bryce has only one hour to find a solution to obliterate the alien and the colossal black hole before mankind is annihilated."

hilarious

purelife

Mr LM...the drill seargent!  LOL

Morning.

I hope you make it there and back safely, SD.  

Ok..we can have a turkey party at my place.  Russ, you bring your turkey fryer.

Michel

Sportsdude

Bwhaha no that movie is really bad, direct to video kind that's only shown in the middle of the afternoon on the Sci-Fi channel. The only noteworthy event they do in the film is they blow up the Arch and well they destroy the city. lol

snow is still coming down hard. I wonder if the bank is open, it better be.

P.C.

We's gettin hit hard with the snow.  It only started a couple hours ago, and there is already about 3 inches of new snow, and it's coming down hard.  

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a130.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I've apparently moved to Norway, if I look outside.

I'm thinking I'm going to be spending a night at an airport tomorrow. 5cm of snow expected in Calgary, pm snow showers in Denver, and freezing rain to rain and thunderstorms in St. Louis in the evening overnight hours. lol

yupee!

Gopher

These things make journeys memorable, whereas if it all went smoothly you'd have nothing to talk about at a later date.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

|