So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

purelife

He's brave for driving in the snow but when ya gotta get to work....Can he work from home?  Do you guys have snow tires?

I walk to the skytrain in the morning and have already slipped.   The ice is what I don't like.  It's so dangerous.  

Gopher

Hey Purelife, when you slip (fall down) on the ice do you ( like almost everyone else) look round to see who's seen you before you start to get up?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

BE CAREFUL Miss purelife !!!!

Michel....that looks like a most amazing adventure.  Good for YOU !!!!  You haven't even left yet, but already I am excited to see your pics.  It's already dreadfully quiet in here, so you will be doubly missed.

Oh ya.....and YOU BE CAREFUL TOO !
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Michel

[em][/em]

purelife

Gopher wrote:
Hey Purelife, when you slip (fall down) on the ice do you ( like almost everyone else) look round to see who's seen you before you start to get up?

All the time. :)  Even when I bump my head, drop things on the ground... I'm such a clutz sometimes.  Luckily, there aren't many people around in the morning.  I wanted to take the bus but that's never reliable.

A while ago, I was rushing down the escalators at the skytrain and just slipped.  And there were way too many eyes on me.  

Michel... I can't wait to see photos.    

Michel

Sportsdude

Afternoon lovely people!

I read on a car blog today that the average North American walks only 82 miles a year compared to Europeans who walk 282 miles, they equated it to obesity rates and the study showed that Europeans burned 5 to 9lbs on average just be walking. So I decided to calculate how much I've walked just on campus in the past 3.5 months and I've walked a whopping 284 miles on a conservative calculation! wow.

Its 284 miles from St. Louis Mo to Kansas City Mo. I've walked my state!
So by the end of the year, in just UBC walks alone I'd of walked to Salt Lake City.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this colder weather in Vancouver. Robson looks really nice at night.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

purelife wrote:
[em]Gopher wrote:
Hey Purelife, when you slip (fall down) on the ice do you ( like almost everyone else) look round to see who's seen you before you start to get up?[/em]  

All the time. :)  Even when I bump my head, drop things on the ground... I'm such a clutz sometimes.  Luckily, there aren't many people around in the morning.  I wanted to take the bus but that's never reliable.

A while ago, I was rushing down the escalators at the skytrain and just slipped.  And there were way too many eyes on me.  
 [/div]  [div]....[span style="color: rgb(191, 0, 95);"]

You really will have to learn that there's a time and a place for wearing cfm boots.[/span]
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

I didn't get anybody's phone #'s though, Gophie... I wonder if I should've worn that fishnet pantyhose with my cfm boots.

ADD:  Hi SD.  Walking is the best exercise for me.  Not having a car gets me walking more.

Sportsdude

Walking is indeed good. Although I'm in desperate need of new shoes, the soles have worn out.

sorry to hear about you falling purelife. I've had a few close calls myself.

Lil Me

Hey Everyone!  *waves* c-c-c-old today.  I know what you mean about slippery, purelife.  I just walked home down a steep hill.

Things are moving along quite well here. MrLM and I went to a Christmas concert on Fri, saw friends, Heckyl and Jeckyl came home on Saturday after a week with grandparents, had community Christmas party with neighbours in the complex here on Sunday.
 Last night my Beaver kids sang at the seniors home and gave out cards.  We did a little craft with the seniors- my little guys were super helpful at passing out stickers for the seniors to put on some Christmas ornaments, but the tubes full of glitter glue weren't such a great idea (for either the kids or the old folks...).

Have a few more items to shop for- goal is to be finished groceries and everything by Fri so I'm out of the stores next week.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Hiya Lil Me!  We missed you.  

New West has some terrible hills.  They get shut down when it's really slippery, then the kids come out and invade the hills. :)

MrPL has a union party tonight and supposedly, he's bringing home a turkey.  Oh my...how is it going to fit in the freezer and who is going to cook it?    

Sportsdude

Keep it outside, cook it this weekend. lol Its your first chance to use the outdoors as a freezer. lol  

|