Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Michel

Michel

purelife

Hope you get better there Lise.  

Strathcona......ah...the school I went to and the neighborhood I grew up in.  That reminds me that I need to take pics of my old neighborhood for memorbilia.

Good morning everyone!

Lil Me

Morning!

Oh Lise.   Hope you feel better.  Yeah, sometimes it's more restful to go to work... *sigh*

Have a fun day, SD.

Hey purelife, Michel, P.C.....what's shaking?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

The residential area around Chinatown with heritage A-frame wooden houses.  I spent quite a bit of time around there when I was a tot, because my grandmother babysat me.  She had a wood stove for heat, but the cooking burners were gas.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Good morning

I've always wondered how long that area has been called Strathcona.  Anybody know ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

purelife

Hiya Lil Me, P.C. and Michel!

I enjoyed my childhood in Strathcona, lived in two homes there.  *sigh*

P.C.

*Yes Michel.....it was all a big tease.....lol.   I bet it helped get you through the day....anticipating a naughty pic waiting at home.    

Michel

Russ

Morning! Hows everyone one today? I missed the recycling people today as my brother forgot to put it out but I saw it when I got up.. <sigh>

Also found out Im not going to go back to the same vessel. There was a sort of communication screwup so they are now trying to find me another one... Ah well change is as good as a rest hey?

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Good morning Russ.  Change is good.....maybe it'll be a change for the better ?

So nobody knows about the Strathcona name ?  Aside from the school, I had never heard this name for the area, until I was an adult....so I am very curious.  

Michel

|