So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Michel wrote:  You have colourblind Falls in BC  

We do.  But it hasn't always been that way.  I always try to tell Sawdust, that I remember the bright autumn colours.  (he's from the east as well)  And actually, I said when I was a kid, and that's not entirely accurate.  I remember using brilliant red giant maple leafs for placemats at my kid's birthday parties. We just don't see the reds any more.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

purelife

Yayy...MrPL got a raise because he completed his course for work!  

Lil Me

Excellent!

Leftover tacos for dinner with soup and rice.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

P.C.

Hum, weird. Climate change or selective memory? The Fall colours are as amazing as usual back East as far as I can remember. The long week end of Thanksgiving is the opportunity to see the colours (assuming it hasn't rain too much with strong winds).

One thing is for sure, not a lot of colours here except wet green.

OMG....that's what our other French Canadian friends used to say.

I would definitely say climate change.  I used to tell them that we used to get lots of snow, and they told me I was crazy.  I actually had to show them pictures....they didn't believe those either.  They also told me that top of the thigh-high snow when I was little was different than top of the thigh as a grown up. DUH !  I assured them that I was talking about my dad.  They didn't believe it.

Michel

purelife

a piece of salmon candy and bowl of hot and sour soup... yummeee...  

P.C.

Michel wrote: You're wrong !

LOL.  Yes....I...I learned that.

I also learned that our flowers don't smell as pretty, our water doesn't taste as good, our sky isn't as blue, our firewood doesn't burn as long and our fruit isn't as juicy. (seriously...amongst a plethora of other things).  I would just say..........wow...and you chose to give all that up to live here ?        

Michel

P.C.

OH....so you know them !    

Michel

P.C.

Speaking of snow....I was over at my neighbours this afternoon....she is packing up the last of their stuff.......and she had come across a stack of photos of a snow storm we had here in 96 or 98 (neither of us could remember....lol)   There were pictures of us propping up our hot-tub deck roof with 2 X 4's to support the FOUR FEET of snow on it.  VERY unusual for the Isalnd.

Michel

purelife

I remember we had a huge snowfall too some time around 2003/04....  

|