So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Good.  I don't like pain.

My Optometrist said that I would only see far distance and not close.  So, it must get blurry when you want to look at a piece of paper?  Can you put on your contacts after this?

For some odd reason, I have this image of bulging eyes and ugly smell.  

Lil Me

49er wrote:
[em][/em]Nope.....only difficulty is keeping the eye open without blinking why the doc examine each one
 --
 And looking a bit coked up afterwards!

purelife- I get my eyes checked yearly (high degree of correction...about 9.5 each eye), get pupils dilated every time, and yes, my eyes are getting worse, just like you.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

9.5 is really good.  I wish I was 9.5.

I'm at -12.75 and -14.00.  I'm kinda worried that it's so high!

ADD:  What's the maximum?  

Lil Me

purelife wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Good.  I don't like pain. [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]My Optometrist said that I would only see far distance and not close.  So, it must get blurry when you want to look at a piece of paper?  Can you put on your contacts after this?[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] For some odd reason, I have this image of bulging eyes and ugly smell.
 --

LOL.  No bulging eyes!  No smell!  You can put on your contacts and walk out the door.  If you went on your lunch hour, your eyes would be back to normal by the time you arrived back at work.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

LOL.  No bulging eyes!  No smell!  You can put on your contacts and walk out the door.  If you went on your lunch hour, your eyes would be back to normal by the time you arrived back at work.

For real?  Back at work that soon? She said 3-4 hours?  

Do they use instruments to poke your eye?  

Lil Me

It's seriously no big deal.
 No, they don't poke sharp instruments into your eyes.  They visually examine and take corneal measurements for your contact lenses.

P.C.?  Sawdust?  Back me up here.

purelife

I feel better now.  I was kinda worried when I read about pupil dilation from the net.  I should get it done asap cuz I don't want retinal detachments.

Sorry for my question overload.  I just need a lot of reassurance and it was difficult to think properly and ask my doc questions when I had my contacts off.  I'm very disoriented without them.

P.C.

It's seriously no big deal.
No, they don't poke sharp instruments into your eyes.  They visually examine and take corneal measurements for your contact lenses.

P.C.?  Sawdust?  Back me up here.

Backed up all the way Lil Me.  It's merely a couple drops in each eye and then they shine a light in them.  NO pain AT ALL.....it barely registers on the discomfort scale.  I too am surprised you haven't had it done yet.....or maybe you have, and didn't even realize it.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

*pats purelife gently on head*

Thanks for the backup.

Lil Me

Hey 49er! *waves*  

49er

Lil Me

Friday!!  Afternoon countdown...
 The more papers I shred, the less I need to do...

Sportsdude

Everytime I go to the eye doc mr. tv man I get them dilated .  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Michel

|