So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Morning.
Eh, I hope I don't ever have to do another one of those stay awake til 10am so I can hit a send button thingys again. Sucks waking up to the sound of someone saying Dinner! I wish that life on nobody, no matter how good the pay is please, never take a night job.

I never spent so much time on a class schedule before though. It took a month to do. Then once one class or a discussion went full, I had to start all over again because of factors of how big the campus is, can't stack courses together unless they're in the same building, realistic time to walk from one building to anther. eh. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Hey Everyone!!!  Anyone affected by the power outages today?  (not me)

Welcome home, Michel.  I was thinking about you there other day- free slurpees on July 11...and how many times you could walk back to the 7/11 store with different hats and disguises.

Mr Sawdust- how is the temp inside your workshop these days?    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sawdust

Hey Lil Me!

The shop's been good for temp. except when I screw something up, then it heats up in there!
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Michel

Lise

What? Free slurpees? No way!! Bet there was a long line-up for that.

Ja. I heard about the blackout downtown. Hubby said it was pretty scary driving back. Some parts had no traffic lights and what-not. WTH were the cops? Weren't they supposed to be directing traffic or something like that?  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Sawdust

I was listening to the traffic reports yesterday claiming that the drivers had all forgotten the 4 way stop procedure, when in fact they probably never stood a chance against the tide of people who had nothing to regulate their movement.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Lise @ Work

Exactly. No one wanted to wait forever at the traffic lights and you know it is when you're driving downtown and pedestrians seem to think they owned the streets. It's chaos even when the traffic lights are working.

Just heard on the radio that power is still out and not expected to be fixed by afternoon. Ugh. Good luck to the commuters! Told hubby to just take the day off or take transit downtown. No point in stressing out.

Michel

Michel

Sportsdude

Last year a power station here blew up, along with a crucial power line and everything in the area went pitch black, including the street lights for two nights. We could see the stars for the first time ever. lol
Looked like you were driving through town in an apocalyptic movie. Everything closed, no cars on the street. Somebody did a sci-fi movie that's played on the Sci-fi channel every once in a while where the city of St. Louis is blown up. Reminded me of something like that. lol (or a city after a Hurricane went through, it's more or less the same creepy feeling).

Lil Me

Morning!  Another hot day today.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sawdust

This weather is a thing of beauty and a joy to behold. Besides, we deserve it.

Sportsdude

Sunny and Hazy here.

Russ

Morning! Sunny and hot here.

Lol Sawdust..

I agree with downtown. Pedestrians just walk whenever they want wherever they want. Theres no point in talking about people not knowing four way stops when they cant even try to follow them.

I hate pedestrians. lol, even though Im one of them half the time Im downtown.

Planning to go boating later today...

Hows the Lise doing at work today?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|