So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

OH....I thought you had the UPS thing lined up ???

As far as summer work goes....nothing wrong with farm work.  At least you get to be outdoors.

We went on tour today too.  Love doing that.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

lol that UPS thing.
That was a mistake going there. I knew the instant I showed up. They're looking for career people that in 10 years (the waiting list is this long) to drive a UPS truck. I didn't screw up my life, didn't have kids like a couple people in there at 16,17,18.  When they were talking about college tutition paid, they started naming all the community colleges in the area. Yeah I'm on  different career path (dcp).

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Touring is fun. I've got to take people to Six Flags in the morning so I figured I could head out that way. I'd like to go to Ste. Genevieve sometime but that's in the wrong direction of Six Flags.  

P.C.

Anyways.....must run.  Enjoy your tour tomorrow and enjoy the evening.

Sportsdude

you too! :)
I think I'm going to see a French movie at the independent movie theatre.
Nah the french film is too silly. I'm going to see the Counterfeiter's a German World War II movie won the Academy Award last year.  

Lise

Saw Prince Caspian, nice kinda family oriented movie but I have mixed feelings about it. Doesn't feel like it's based on CS Lewis book because there's so much of the movie that isn't from the book. However, the book is a bit boring so I'm not surprised that they've added more to it. Made it a lot richer in a sense.

Nice to have time off from the kids. I came back to cranberry on couch and talcum powder on toys and carpet. Sheesh.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Sorry to hear the UPS job didn't work out.  They didn't want to hire a summer person?  KEEP LOOKING, SD.

Evening everyone.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Saw one of the better produced movies I've seen. Great film, Michel would like it.

Although I must say, people in the theatre are stupid. Its a tiny place and 3 people had their phone on and started talking DURING the film. like WTF, seriously.

Besides the annoying people, excellent movie.

Yeah Lil Me, I tried this farm today, they're full for the summer. I tried Kohl's earlier today, they said they don't hire Summer positions anymore company policy. Seriously that is messed up. Stupid country, impossible to get a job the "summer jobs" don't exist anymore and the typical 'college' jobs aren't being filled by 'college' people because its being filled by people who were laid off. This has been going on for years the unemployment rate for young people is usually double the national average. Don't need numbers though to figure this out. Just go to the grocery store, the malls, heck even Starbucks.

Lil Me

Hmmm.  If'n I were you, I'd stop telling people I was a student looking for a summer job.  Get hired for a regular job, then give your notice partway thru August and quit.

I'm not saying lie to them...just don't volunteer any extra information.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Very true, I would have done what Lil Me suggested. It's not exactly lying to them, you're just holding back unless they ask you for specific questions.

Uhm.... I've lost track of the lunch thread but you are looking for work around Nanaimo?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Lise I've been in Missouri for almost a month now. lol
Yeah people have been telling me to lie, I'm physically unable to decieve people.

P.C.

This has been one of the quietest weekends ever in here.

Sportsdude

Well its Summer time. lol
Plus people are out and about and on vacation. lol

P.C.

[img alt="lolcats and funny pictures" src="http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/lolcats-funny-picture-lalalalala.jpg"].

Lil Me

lol at kitty, P.C.

Hey Everyone!
 Busy weekend here.  Lacrosse, Relay for Life (cancer fundraiser).  My parents came for dinner tonight.  Dad was quite tickled to have steak and chicken with a bucket of wine, since he doesn't get meat at home (mom is vegematerian).  BBQ'd some huge ribeyes from Costco.  MMmmmmmmm.

|