So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Good morning everyone!

Welcome back Lise.  :)  

I hope you get to visit your Mom, Van. :)  I'm helping my friend move this weekend and then, if the weather is really nice, we'll be hitting the beaches to collect rocks.  Why rocks?  Because Mr PL brought this rock kit where it turns rocks into nicer looking rocks.   :)  He had to let it spin for a few weeks.  It's such a loud lil thing but he managed to cover it so that we don't hear it at night.  These rocks are looking mighty polished and nice.  You can even make jewelry out of em.    

Van

That sounds interesting. I never heard of that before. Hope the rocks turn out sweet. Sounds like a good excuse to get out to a beach!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

Hey purelife and Van!

Camping this weekend.  Should be interesting- I hope the weather predictions hold.  We used to go every May long weekend, then we quit because of the cold, crappy weather.

But this weekend should be good- Scout family camp at the lake.  I'm not bringing a uniform shirt with me, so I'll not be attending in any official capacity...therefore I can bring a cooler full of drinks with me :)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

hahaha nice Lil Me. Hope both you and Van and Michel have fun on your travels this Victoria Day weekend.
Meh, I'll be taking care of a 4 year old and a 3 year old, most likely. The two kids never had a father figure in their life. Anyway that's at the end of my trip in KC.

Good Morning Van, PL, Lil Me, Michel and Lise with a tan.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Potato salad and grated vegetable salad for lunch.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Car repair bill for lunch.

purelife

Is this the same family camp that you were talking about Lil Me?  Where your family is getting together to camp?  Have fun though...maybe you could mix beer and coffee.

lunch is chicken shawarma with cous cous and potato salad.

I got a new cell phone yesterday.  I had to get one cuz my stupid old phone's battery kept dieing.  I would charge it up the night before and the very next day, the battery power was completely drained.  New phones are fun to play with. :)

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:

This is also the reason why I'm procrastinating on fixing my car which will cost around $600.   I better pass air care..and that's gonna cost $45 and if I fail, retakes are a bit cheaper but hopefully, there won't be a cost to fixing whatever is affecting the air care marks.  

So yeah, I hear ya.  Car repairs are never cheap and there's always something.....

Lil Me

Agreed.  I feel your pain.  There's always "something" with a car.

This weekend's Family Camp is just a regular Scout camp weekend, except parents and siblings are invited to attend as well.  One big happy, slightly crazy family...

purelife

I bet the Scout Camping have lots of planned activities which should be fun. :)

I've never been camping before so one day, I hope to do so before I turn 80.    

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:
 Sportsdude wrote:

This is also the reason why I'm procrastinating on fixing my car which will cost around $600.   I better pass air care..and that's gonna cost $45 and if I fail, retakes are a bit cheaper but hopefully, there won't be a cost to fixing whatever is affecting the air care marks.  

So yeah, I hear ya.  Car repairs are never cheap and there's always something.....

Oh I'd kill to see my bill at 600 this morning. Sadly hit the x2 button. My friend who's thinking about getting the car was in shock at the bill. I just said "ya know, cars, they are expensive."

Got to go talk to school folks about 'the future' because if they don't say what I want to here, I'm moving to Burnaby.

purelife

$1200?  For what?  Yikes SD... I'd burn the receipt...

Move to Burnaby?  From the Island?

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:
 I bet the Scout Camping have lots of planned activities which should be fun. :)

I've never been camping before so one day, I hope to do so before I turn 80.

Its easy peasy fun!

I was in scouts growing up. We had to go camping in blizzards (we had to go camping for a weekend every month of the year). Those Dec-Feb camping weekends. FREAKING BRRRRRRR -20 to -30ish, but the winter camps were always the most enjoyable for some reason.    

Sportsdude

brakes and water pump blew so it had to be replaced. If I hadn't had the car fixed the car would have died going up the pass outside of Seattle most likely.

Yup, I'm probably transfering to SFU. Unless VIU starts offering federal U.S. Student loans that I can get at SFU, then I'll stay over here. Chances are this isn't happening so in order to stay in Canada, SFU it is. Hello mountain.

purelife

Don't you mean "Hello, Dullsville!??!"  You'll still have lots of stairs to climb.  Good luck with loan and school.

|