So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Van

Oh yeah! that is perfect for road trips!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Michel

Russ

Hullo DS'ers! What a fine uh, WHITE, day today. Has anybody else noticed its snowing in buckets outside? Theres lots on the ground where I am and its sticking. Im thinking about taking my toyota out and doing donuts just cause.

Re Potato's.. I do end up jabbing sharp objects in the potatos to check.. so I AM doing it right. They came out great. But my DAMN Yorkshire Puddings didnt fluff up into big puffy thingys again. Waah.

Lil Me: I didnt coat the turkey in anything cause it was a butterball turkey, I stuffed the thing with stuffing I made the night before, and closed it with those metal pins you end up having hundreds of. Cause it was a 21 pound bird I cooked it for about 5 hours at 350, then for another 20 minutes with the tinfoil removed at the end.   For the roast I covered it with olive oil to get it a bit moist, then put a dry rub of Montreal seasoning, rosemary, and mashed fresh garlic. I seared it at 500 for 20 min, then about 60 minutes at 325.. until its at 125F internally.. thats medium rare.

[DIV style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Van wrote:
I am picking her up, she lives a bit out of the way, but it is all good.[/DIV]--
Lil Me wrote:
 Uh oh.  Those sounds like code words for SHE'S A SURREY GIRL. lololol
  It's snowing now.  I can only recall one other time where we had snow after Easter.  It was 1981.  
WOW! You remember 1981? I barely remember what happened yesterday!

LOL, Im giving you a bless for that other comment. I snorted my coffee! Sorry about that Van, I know its bad Karma but..
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

1981 you were just born, Russ.  Uhm, same with me too. :)  Your turkey sounds yummeee.... Speaking of bacon, you could also put bacon strips on meatloaf.

purelife

I heard that it might be snowing for the next 3 days????!!!

P.C.

Sounds like a smashing job Russ !!!!!!!  I know it's making MY mouth water.  

Tell me how you are making your Yorkshires including temp.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

goats

1 cup all purpose flour

1 cup room temp milk

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 large room temp eggs

2 tablespoons melted butter

preheat oven to 425

butter/spray/shortening muffin pans, preheat in oven

mix ingredients in blender

1/4 cup in each muffin cup

bake without opening door for 25 minutes

lower temp to 350 and cook for 15 minutes

serve  

Lil Me

Yummy.

Finally made the trek to Safeway for my FREE Coffeemate.  Got the vanilla powder.
 So..of course, needed to make another pot of coffee.
 It's pretty good.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

since when was it snowing?
holy.
I looked outside and it was all white. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

Lil Me wrote:
Yummy.

Finally made the trek to Safeway for my FREE Coffeemate.  Got the vanilla powder.
So..of course, needed to make another pot of coffee.
It's pretty good.

I never tried that. How come it is free!? Can I have a cup?
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Sorry Russ....was on the phone.

This is my guess.  I think I would add another egg to a recipe that size.  Mine is almost identical, but half the proportions and it calls for 2 eggs.  Eggs are the only leavening agent in Yorkies, so don't short your batter of eggs.  That's the only thing that makes them rise.

Second....I would replace the butter with vegetable oil, because you need it piping hot before you put batter in.....butter has a low smoking temp, and will probably burn before it is actually hot enough for Yorkies.

Temp sounds too low.  Start them at at least 475 to 500 for 8 minutes....then lower to 400 for another 8 minutes.

And last....start with cold milk and cold eggs.  Beat for about 2 minutes (until its all frothy) and let sit for about a half an hour somewhere cold.  If it doesn't sizzle when you add it to your muffin tins...the oil isn't hot enough.

I'm slapping a guarantee on this.....lol

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Van - check out the Best Deals thread.  There's a link to the free coffee mate coupon.

Van

Russ

Thanks PC! I use shortening in the pan though, not butter.

How was the hike to safeway Lil Me? Did you have to use snowshoes?

How does coffeemate taste? I tried it when I was young and swore Id never try it again. I AM joining you in a cup of coffee however.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Hahahaha on the "hike" to Safeway.  I still have my winter tires on.

Coffee mate tastes ok - just like flavoured milk.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|