So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Russ wrote: Things are going good thus far I think. We only had one major incident.. a seal on a ballast pump (water) blew and sprayed water all over one of our transformers (think water a good conductor and 4160 volts <the outlet on the wall is 110volts> meeting each other... think BOOM and a big explosion).

Russ !  You're shameless.  Is this a segue into a j oke about blowing a seal ?  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a093.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

well I made it!
Those 15hr driving days (i was the only one with a licence) and the 70mph winds, dust storms, blowing snow, tumbleweed hitting the car, mountains, rain, snow. Best freaking trip ever. Idaho is like the wild wild west, Wyoming is pure stunning omg awesome, Utah mountains are great.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Welcome back SD.  Glad you made it safely with all the stormy weather out there.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Yeah that storm. yikes.
Somehow we got infront of it only had to deal with the insane winds. 12hrs of driving and fighting 40mph winds with 70mph wind gusts was tiring to say the least.
Didn't get to the storm until Oregon then it started to rain, and I had to drive through a snow storm in the Cascades in Washington, missed the winter storm warning of 2ft of snow in Utah by about 7hrs. phew.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Gopher

Welcome back, SD! Your account of the drive has set me daydreaming again.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Good afternoon everyone.

Gald to hear that you made it safely.  I didn't think you were driving!  15 hrs is damn tiring, I can't imagine.  I got so tired after 4 hours. :P

This looking for a new 2bdrm place is not easy.  By the time I call these suites, they are already rented.  I hope and pray that we find our true match soon.  Wish me luck guys!  I think that I need this luck.

Sportsdude

good luck pl on your searching.

yeah the driving. I had to do it all. lol
It wasn't bad until I got to the border, then my body just didn't want to drive anymore.
first day we left at 4pm at my place due to a friend missing his bag. lol
the first car had issues so we didn't take it, took the beast of a car instead. (hind sight was the right move comfortable ride)

4pm to 11pm to Salina KS
6am to 8pm Rawlins Wy
6am to 10pm outside of Seattle
Then the last day we took our time in Seattle got to Vancouver at 3pm. Looked around UBC, drove to the ferry which was like the Titanic, took almost 3hrs to cross. eyeye

Lil Me

Oy, that's a drive.

*sniffle*
Back from a Scouts Bottle Drive in the cold/rain.  Tea and shower time!

Leftovers for dinner later.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Welcome back, SD. Now turn around and bring me some nice warm weather from Florida. Damn but I'm getting tired of this wet and dreary weather.

Nothing special tonight. Superstore's bird plus mashed potatoes and Greek salad. Oh dang... gotta go and do the salad now.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Florida Lise? I don't think you want that. At Oma's place it was -1 the last few days for the low and about 4 for the high.  

P.C.

Glad you're back safe and sound SD. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c014.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

purelife

Good morning everyone.

We checked out two bsmt suites last night but with no luck yet.  I don't know why they don't have much storage space, kitchen dining area and a coat closet.  I wish they had this because one place we saw would've been perfect.  Oh well, we'll have to keep on looking.

|