So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Just had a bring and share lunch, everyone was SUPPOSED to bring just enough for one person - you've guessed it.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Hullo DS!

Just dropping in to say hi from lovely Malabo in Equatorial Guinee prior to running to Luba.

What a clusterfawk in flights. I was delayed in Paris because my flight out of Montreal was delayed 3 hours due to snow.. so i missed my connecting flight. Scare Canada did squat cause their flight screwed up. I had a night in paris but missed the tours to the Eiffel Tower and other such tours by half an hour from the hotel. Waah! the last time that happened i did the tour with a disposable camera, but i left the camera at the last stop by mistake so i had no photographic proof I was there and all my friends told me I was lying :(.

So I hit the hotel pool and got drunk instead on drinks with umbrellas instead covered by the company cause they cant read french receipts, lol.

Made it here in one piece but my so called unlocked phone doesnt work here.. so another 200 on another phone :( I have to get that bill by the Starfishie. 'But honey.. its a REQUIREMENT'.. lets see if it works. :)

Hope everyones doing well! I should have net connection onboard Im told.

PS the burgers in the airports in Montreal and Paris SUCK! Dont get ones there. Good Advice!
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Sounds like a bit of a mess.  You use the same term Sawdust uses......lol (Clusterf....)

Well, thanks for the warning about the burgers in Paris.  I'm writing that down for the next time I go there. (lol)  

So did you get ANY pictures in Paris?  How about one of your feefee drink ?  HAHAHAAAA....I can't picture Rugged Russ drinking  a cocktail with a tissue umbrella in it.

(I'll have to carry that image with me for the day....it'll keep me in a good mood. (I'm going shoppin....this will NOT be fun)

Take care Russ
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

french and hamburgers, not their thing.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Hey everyone!

Glad to hear from Russ!

Gophie- so everyone brought too much food?  Or not enough?

My lunch was a blueberry scone with brie and fruit salad chez mom.

Waiting for the appliance repair guy to come fix my washing machine.  Caved in and called when I realized that most parts are under warranty. To add to the wonky agitator, there is now a horrible grinding noise during the drain cycle.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

half hour til essay time then its time to pack woot.

sushi for dinner. last meal of the cafeteria for a while, no more robbing me of money with there over priced food. lol

just looked at the weather for home, looks like I'll be seeing snow. That'll be cool.

except the temperatures

-6 at night

with real feel (wind chill) at -15C.

time to gloat about that warm canadian winter.

Sportsdude

phew, finished packing.
ready for tomorrow (saturday)
I'm already missing B.C. and I haven't even left yet. lol

P.C.

Well, I'm doing it again.  Yup...that's right.  I'm braving the Malls to see if I can wrap up this Christmas shopping (that's a little Christmas humour).

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/xmas/k030.gif" border=0]

Hi's to everyone I'll miss today.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/xmas/a014.gif" border=0]

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/xmas/g080.gif" border=0]  I'm OFF !!!!

P.C.

Oh !  I almost forgot.  Friday Freebees.  (I know Gophie missed them)

Today's treat is Sopapillas.  These are too yummy, but won't make the top 10 on your healthy breakfast list.  I made some dusted with sugar and cinnamon, and some stuffed with spinach and feta.

There is also some chai Latte tea to go with the sweet sopapillas and gin and tonic for the savoury treats.

[img style="WIDTH: 221px; HEIGHT: 176px" height=301 src="http://www.aykaramba.com.au/pics/KarambaChaiLatteTea.jpg" width=366]

*please write any complaints in the space provided below.  Write clearly and in triplicate.  

[img style="WIDTH: 192px; HEIGHT: 99px" height=113 src="http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/vis/a000000/a003400/a003401/AylesIce_overlay.0200_web.png" width=225]

Please fold in half carefully before submitting.

[img style="WIDTH: 159px; HEIGHT: 115px" height=123 src="http://www.tetrapak.ca/email/enviro-images-sept/recycling_box.jpg" width=190]

Thank you.

Michel

Lil Me

Thanks for the lovely snackies, P.C.

*sigh*
 This day just won't stop.

Lunch was a frozen micro burrito :(
 Didn't have time to eat anything better.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Long day Lil Me?   What......did you have 26 things on your to-do list today, instead of the usual 25 things?  lol

Phewww!!!  I made it home finally.  I'll tell ya....shopping between 4:00 and 6:00 is a thing of beauty.  No crowd....no line up.  Perfect. (I guess only til the kids are out of school)  It was GREAT !

Lil Me

That's a good tip about shopping times, P.C.

Well, I got some awesome stuff today from my dumpster-diving grandma.  She finds stuff and piles it up for me.  2 kids' bikes (gave them away) and a kids' set of golf clubs (kept it).

Finally put up some Xmas decorations last night.

Finally got some shopping done this week.

Still have too much office work to finish before the end of the month.
 *sigh*

Sportsdude

well did a quick run to the bay then to the roots at pacific centre. Now off to see I am Legend and tomorrow I'll be back home in 6 inches of snow. lol

Take care everyone.

Lise

Hey, I wanna see that Will Smith's movie too. Dang, the man still looks good.

PC - LOL on the snack story! Anytime, babe!!

Yo Russty, hope you have fun in wherever you are. Just for the love of all that is good and wonderful, don't be pissing off the French. (Right, Michel?)

Right, so I did my CPR training and AED. I am now officially able to administer CPR and shock you. Any request?

Dean's Lucheon at the UBC Golf Course last Thursday. WAS FANTASTIC. Food was incredible, I literally wiped up everything on my plate. Ye Gods, the dessert... OMG, chocolate bunt cake, coffee cake, black forest cake, fruit flam, cookies of all shapes and sizes. Man, they really went out this year.

Oh, I tried the eggnog and rum combination... hmm... I must say, you definitely have to develop a taste for eggnog. Icky... but I did enjoy the warm cinnamon (???) apple juice. Never had that before.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|