So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

where's the wine? ;)

do you usually have a theme when decorating your tree?  ie, some sort of color preference?

i wish that we had a larger place because i would so LOVE a tree, even if it had to be a mini one.

i've been working on my resume...really want to get into the place where i really want to work...at the hospital. :)

Lil Me

Really- you want to work at the hospital?  because of the hospital union, or because you want to work in the health care sector?

My xmas tree is still packed up in a box.  It's widdle.  Weally widdle.  It's the cheapie Walmart special mini tree that we've had for years. We've also had a live mini tree in a pot in past years.  But I always kill it early on in the New Year (lack of water), so no more of those...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

weather people lied that is not 5-15cms outside. falling constantly. lol
speaking of a resume is there really a difference between sfu and ubc?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Do you mean whether employers rank UBC graduates over SFU graduates?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

does your kids appreciate the tree or do they want a bigger one?

i'm not too sure why, i think i just prefer that kind of environment...i feel like i need a change, to get out of the field i'm in.  

purelife

i would have to say ubc, if i have understood your question correctly.  

Sportsdude

which is the "better education"
then yeah the whole "prestige" stuff, do employers really look at that?

Lil Me

purelife wrote:
  does your kids appreciate the tree or do they want a bigger one?
--

They're ok with the tree.  They're used to it.  Honestly, we have no space for a larger tree! :)

Good luck with the resume and job search.  I have friends who work in hospital admin- (people with no health sciences background)- it's a union job with good benefits, holidays, etc.

Lil Me

SD- should maybe ask people in the field you want to work in for a more specific answer.
 I think it very much depends.  In Mr LM's field for instance, he is leery of any job applicant from the University of New Brunswick.

purelife

If you guys had the space, would you go full out with a tree and decorations?  :)

Sportsdude

oh I'm not allowed to come home until i talk to the geography chair.Already talked to career counsellors
uni of new brunswick, reallly? that's funny.

good luck on the career change purelife. may the force be with you. :)

Lise

Heya purelife, I hope you get to work in your chosen environment one of these days. Sometimes change can be good. A friend of mine works in the hospital and loves it. She has long hours but doesn't care, the pay is good and the union is strong. She works independently most of the time.

Have you guys heard about this Costco Christmas tree? Apparently it's a mini tree that comes in a pot and cost like $12. I want one!!! Anyone gonna go to Costco soon?

Blast it all. I have a CPR training course in two weeks time that I have to do with my co-workers. It's compulsory. What the hell do I need it for seeing as there are tons of dentists around???? Stupid stupid rule. As if the head of the department do it as well.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Morning!  Holy snow, batman!

Hey Lise!  Good to hear from you.  Yes, you should know CPR. Everyone should know CPR.  If work will pay for the course, and pay you to take it, so much the better!  (Normal people pay a couple hundred bucks for it, and take the course on their own time!)  Scouts paid for my CPR course.  Unfortunately they didn't pay me to take it.

My Sunday schedule has been wiped clear due to snow.  YAY!  SNOW DAY!  Half a foot out here and no signs of letting up.

Sportsdude

gooood morning!!!

this is one crazy snow storm and to think what the temperature is going to be tomorrow...lol
my cousin works at the UT  medical cancer center in houston. loves it. Don't know how but she fits going to school around it as well.

purelife

CPR is a very important course along with First Aid.  I would totally take advantage of the CPR course since your company is paying for you to take it and paying your wage while you're taking it?  I hope they're paying your wage.  It's better for the company to be on the safe side so that they're not liable for anything, ie lawsuits.

Good afternoon everyone.  Ooouf....coming down hard.  We helped 3 cars get out of the snow just now.      

|