So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

JJ

Moderation when it comes to coffee seems to be a good idea.  I try to keep my coffee consumption down to two cups of coffee a day also.  I've only had one this morning keeping my second for later in the day.

P.C.

For me, it's not a matter of discipline.....I just don't desire it through the day.  (lucky for me....as I'm not the worlds most disciplined person......lol)  I think the body sends us clear messages what it needs....and I always listen.  I think cravings aren't just 'whims'....I think they are little red flags trying to tell us what we need or what we're lacking.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

morning all, I spent last night watching aussie election coverage. lol
looks like a nice day out.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Ja, SD.... that sounds mighty interesting. I grew up in Ozland and don't even vote. All I can say is.... LONG LIVE THE MONARCHY!!!

We went to Kash Cool yesterday at North Vancouver. Ever tried Persian food? It's a great restaurant with excellent food. They've got these things called hookah or water pipes but they're not filled with those nicotine or tar substance. They subsitute them with flavored stuff. Don't ask me what they are but they were mighty interesting to see in action. I daren't tried the stuff because I had kids with me but if you're ever in the mood to try something different, Kash Cool is the place for you.

Having said that, the service sucked. What was one food review? Ah yes, quote: "Food is consistently good, service is consistently bad." Guess that sums up the restaurant.

Gonna go out again today with my co-workers. It'd be nice to see them outside the workplace. I think I'm going to have to kiss more asses at work if I want to pass my probation period. I can't wait though!!! Pray that I'll pass it!!!!!

Meantime it's more chocolates to be handed around.....    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Election coverage.  Hmmm...I think I'd rather watch paint dry. (which is almost what I'm doing right now)  Well I'm not exactly watching it dry.....but I am waiting to put a second coat on.

Forecast for SNOW tonight !  Yeayyyyyyyy!

P.C.

Too bad about the crappy service there Lise.  It's nice to come across a place with excellent food....primo service would make the dining experience close to perfect.

Sportsdude

Gopher

You've not yet had your first Candian snowfall, Sportsdude?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

nope.

Haven't paid any attention to the weather forecast, especially now that my home state is number #1 in the country in football. I think the whole building heard me watching the game last night.
[a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3127118"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3127118[/a]

[a href="http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncf/index"]http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncf/index[/a]

So unbelieveable.

[img style="width: 317px; height: 183px;" src="http://www.937ktuf.com/mizzou-primary-logo.jpg"]

P.C.

Don't know if my last PM went through Gophie.....I'm having a dreadful time with my computer.

I'm going to have to log out.

Have a great day all.

Yup.....so the forecast says SD.  Mind you, it wouldn't be the first time they were wrong....lol  

Sportsdude

Weather Canada keeps saying "over northern sections" what does that mean?  

Lise

Snow already? Say it isn't so, PC!!! I don't mind snow so long as I don't have to commute anywhere but given I'm on probation, I can't afford to take a day off.

My girls are looking forward to snow though.

We just bought a set of winter tires, had them installed. Service took 2 and 1/2 hours! The guy at the place say it's nothing... during the month of December, you're lucky if you even get a an appointment because they're so busy. Damn tires are expensive - we have been putting them off for ages but we can't avoid not having them now because it snows quite a fair bit where we are.

Do you guys have winter tires?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

My guess is they mean northern BC.  When they are referring to here.....but here on the mountains, they usually say, snow in the higher elevations.

It doesn't feel right for snow.

SD....you'll find the Islands weather is more similar to Seattle than it is to Vancouver.  A Seattle forecast is more accurate for here than most others area forecasts.

Anyways.....no snow yet.    

P.C.

Ya know Lise.....that's a mighty good question.....and I'm embarrassed to say I have no idea.  I don't think I do on the car.....but I'm thinking there is on the truck.  Probably winter tires....not snow tires.

Lil Me

All seasons with rain/slush tread.

Hey everyone!  Dead on my feet.  Gonna go catch a powernap.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|