So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Morning Peoples! Hows everyone on this fine feathered day?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Morning Russ.

I waiting for my coffee to kick in.  Looks like a decent day out there.  Plans for the day?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Continue on the truck.. Im putting in the controls for my air lockers in my differentials. Ran into a snag yesterday, one of the solenoids doesnt work! Its brand new but I had it for six months now = no warranty.. so I have to buy a new one for like 50 bucks <mad>.

Other than that start getting the stuff together for camping.. Starfish and I started a list last night while sitting having a few drinks. We leave on thursday.. lots to find in the 'safe' places around the house. Cant find the tent poles either! Thats a frustrating happening.. we used it twice now and its an expensive tent.

Hope your day is eventful!
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Morning P.C. and Russ.

Russ-if you can't find the poles, ask Sawdust for some Stiffy.  lol

Gotta run.

See y'all at Lunch time.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

LOL.....yea....that stuff will keep your tent errect.

I must get busy too.  Got a set of drapes and a bed cover to sew.

I was just re-reading some old posts in the Ebony Lounge Russ.....about your November camping trip in '06.  You're a brave brave soul.  

purelife

Good morning Lil Me, Russ and PC.

Cccoooold but bootiful. :))  i kinda like this kind of weather

oh dear russ... i hope you find those poles soon.  please video tape any performances SS puts on with teh poles, k? ;)

tonight, we're going to get ourselves a nice blender....i can't wait!  :)))        

P.C.

[FONT face=Arial]OK.....I thought this might help with your decision, but actually.....you don't need a blender for this.  See how much money I saved you ???? [/FONT]  [H1]Cuban Mojito recipe[/H1]

[P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" align=left][FONT face=Arial size=2]the original authentic recipe from Havana Cuba[/FONT]

[P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" align=left][FONT face=Arial size=2]
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
Juice from 1 lime (2 ounces)
4 mint leaves[/FONT]

[P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" align=left][FONT face=Arial size=2]1 sprig of mint
Havana Club white Rum (2 ounces)
2 ounces club soda[/FONT]

[P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" align=left]

[P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" align=left][FONT face=Arial size=2](If you repost this recipe or my comments, I'd love a link back to this web page as your source, thanks!)  There are countless recipes for the Mojito (pronounced moh-HEE-toh), but this version is for the one Hemingway himself enjoyed at the Mojito's place of birth: La Bodeguita del Medio in Havana, Cuba.  If you are throwing a Cuban theme party (Havana night themed party), definitely plan on serving mojitos.  [/FONT]

[P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" align=left]

[P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" align=left][FONT face=Arial size=2]Place the mint leaves into a long mojito glass (often called a "collins" glass) and squeeze the juice from a cut lime over it.  You'll want about two ounces of lime juice, so it may not require all of the juice from a single lime.  Add the powdered sugar, then gently smash the mint into the lime juice and sugar with a muddler (a long wooden device pictured below, though you can also use the back of a fork or spoon if one isn't available).  Add ice (preferably crushed) then add the rum and stir, and top off with the club soda (you can also stir the club soda in as per your taste).  Garnish with a mint sprig.[/FONT]

[P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" align=left][FONT face=Arial size=2][/FONT]

[P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" align=left][FONT face=Arial size=2][A href="http://www.tasteofcuba.com/mojito.html"]http://www.tasteofcuba.com/mojito.html[/A][/FONT]

JJ

Can someone tell be what that yellow disc in the sky is? LOL

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

I think Project0r might know.

We have no yellow disc here.....just some drab clouds....although it's quite mild out.  I can't believe that my geraniums and fuschia still have flowers.  

Gopher

What's for lunch? Pizzalasagna (unsurprisingly, pizza with a lasagna topping).

P.C.

Mmmm....sounds delish Gophie.  I wonder if you can make a lasagne with pizza stuff.

I had a sardine sammich.  Yum

Awful quiet in here these days.  Just wait till I make my big announcement on Friday.  Yup, that's right....Friday.  Don't say anything, but we will be serving free coffee and doughnuts in here.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a143.gif" border=0]

Oh sure.....watch what happens when the free stuff comes out.

Gopher

Free stuff? I'll be there with open hands.

Pizzalasagne was my own invention, I had some lasagne left over, but not enough for a full meal, and so I bought a pizza base, slapped some sardines and tomato onto it, added some cheese, stuck the lasagne on the top of everything and then cooked it.  It really was delicious - I must be more experimental in future because it usually works.    

P.C.

OMG....that DOES sound delish.  I think I might sub out the sardines for some smoked oysters and capers.

Some of our favourite meals are inventions discovered from trying to come up with something creative to do with leftovers.

Gopher

I wonder if anyone's published a book on leftover cuisine?

|