So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

I like Rooftop stuffing, as it's a bit of a guilty pleasure.  I'm hopelessly addicted to anything with a ton of salt and MSG, so I can't buy it too often.  But after Thanksgiving, it was $0.88 at the Stupidstore, so I couldn't resist,  MMmmmmmm!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Lil Me, you've worked sooooo hard today...here, have some reese pieces.

Dinner for me was a can of sardines with an apple and a pear.  simple, diet food. :)

PC - we're thinking of New Westminster, North Burnaby...anywhere close to the skytrain line EXCEPT for Vancouver.  Too expensive for us.  I can't wait to move.  I want an invitable place.  I love playing hostess.  Right now, it's a guy's home.  :P

Lil Me

Thanks for the candy!
 Good plan staying on the skytrain routes.  Skytrain rules!

Sardines and fruit sounds very healthy.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Are Heckyl and Jeckyl trick o treating this year?  Or do they always?  Do you buy or make costumes?  (just wondering... )  They're SO expensive.

Skytrain RULZ....i .... agree. :)))  

Lil Me

They usually trick or treat, but I think we've had enough of dragging them around in the dark when it's raining, cold and one or the other is misbehaving.  Church is having an indoor kids' carnival Halloween night, so that sounds good to me.

Make costumes?  Wish I could.  Not creative and no sewing ability.  I've bought costumes cheap at StupidStore and Liquidation World before.  I think they can probably pull something out of the closet from last year.

I'm a huge bah-humbug about classroom parties at school.  I mean, c'mon...we send them to school to learn, not to run around and get jacked up on sugar.

P.C.

On Hallowe'en at my kids school, they used to have 'ethnic' day.  (or maybe it was Thanksgiving....can't remember)  Each of the kids brought samples of goodies relating to their heritage.  Not necessarily candy 'goodies'.  It was an excellent thing.  I loved it.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

haha yeah i remember those grade school parties. Never liked sweets. Ended up talking politics with the teacher, in grade school. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

But it wasn't just sweets.  It was 'uncommon' veggies and fruits.....all sorts of things.  The teachers at their school were brilliant.  For most of their functions, they were usually sent home with a 'what to bring' list.  Veggie plate, fruit plate etc.  They celebrated everything.....all nationalities holidays and observances and learned a little about each.  Best Social Studies class ever !

Russ

Evening everyone.. How is everyone today? Whats the plans for Halloween? Im going to be home for it so Im sure Ill end up dressed up somewhere.

Dinner was interesting. Beans, salad, stewed Calamari (??), ox tail, and chinese rice(with egg and stuff).

Hows the garbage strike treating everyone? (in vancouver anyhow, lol)
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Hey Russ !!!!!

Dinner sounds....erm....interesting?  

No doubt you have your costume already picked out.....rofl.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="vny!://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/tiere/k030.gif" border=0]

Russ

Hey PC.. other than some interesting dinners things are good here. Just waiting to go home really.

No costume picked out yet to be honest.. but that one you suggested has possibilities!! Last time I was a grim reaper. And handed out candies.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Excellent Russ !!!!

Lil Me

P.C. wrote:
On Hallowe'en at my kids school, they used to have 'ethnic' day.  (or maybe it was Thanksgiving....can't remember)  Each of the kids brought samples of goodies relating to their heritage.  Not necessarily candy 'goodies'.  It was an excellent thing.  I loved it.
 --

That sounds like a wonderful thing.
 I'm just opposed to junk food class parties with no planning.

Hi everyone!!!
 I'd assume Russ would be a pirate for Halloween.

purelife

Morning everyone.

Russ could be the Priest with a goat fetish.    

Lil Me

When is Russ gonna be back?  

|