So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Holy crap Lise.  You'll find better.....don't worry.  You're 'green' because you haven't worked for a year ?  That's just plain bs.

(I'm not understanding your jointing sand comment.  It's NOT sticking so you DON'T need water?  I would think if it's not sticking you DO need water)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Lise

Ah, thanks guys. I'm sure there'll be a dentist around the corner who will pay me for what I'm worth and not the other way around.

Yeah, I'll ask HDepot next time about the jointing sand. I need to go back for some supplies anyways.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I agree Michel....I'm still pretty sure it needs water.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="vny!://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a143.gif" border=0]  

Lise

Why PC, are you asking Michel to sprinkle on my sands.........?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

[FONT face=Univers-CondensedBoldOblique color=#231f20 size=3] [P align=left]So accordint to this....you don't need water for jointing sand.   But also according to this, jointing sand should be use for [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]interlocking pavers[/FONT].   It is supposed to be done yearly.  Stabilizing sand should be used for 'straight sided' pavers. (like square concrete flat blocks.)  Stabilizing sand is also more beneficial for a moisture problem.  

[P align=left]

[P align=left]Why choose jointing sand?

[/FONT][FONT face=Univers-CondensedBoldOblique color=#231f20 size=2] [P align=left]Jointing sand is specifically formulated and manufactured for interlocking paving installations.

[P align=left]Proper jointing sand assures a proper lock for the installed products ensuring interlock integrity and

[P align=left]not compromising installation performance.

[/FONT][FONT face=Univers-CondensedBoldOblique color=#231f20 size=3] [P align=left]How to apply jointing sands (New Installations)

[/FONT][FONT face=Univers-CondensedBoldOblique color=#231f20 size=2] [P align=left]1/ Jointing Sand [/FONT][FONT face=Univers-CondensedOblique color=#231f20 size=2]– spread jointing sand liberally over the entire installation. Sweep jointing sand in all

[P align=left]directions over the joints making sure to fill in all the joints. Due to settling, repeat this process in

[P align=left]successive days to ensure joints are packed and full of sand. Usually 2 or three applications are

[P align=left]required.

[/FONT][FONT face=Univers-CondensedBoldOblique color=#231f20 size=2] [P align=left]2/ Stabilizing Sand [/FONT][FONT face=Univers-CondensedOblique color=#231f20 size=2]– Sweep Stabilizing sand into the joints, sweeping in all directions to ensure joints are

[P align=left]full. Sweep the surface clean ensuring all sand has been removed. Spray water onto the installation in

[P align=left]a fine mist making sure to saturate the installation. Once the stabilizing sand settles (24hrs), top up the

[P align=left]joints with more stabilizing sand, water once again and allow 6 to 24 hours for proper set-up.

[/FONT][FONT face=Univers-CondensedBoldOblique color=#231f20 size=2] [P align=left]3/ Polymeric Sand [/FONT][FONT face=Univers-CondensedOblique color=#231f20 size=2]– Sweep polymeric sand into the joints of the installation making sure that the surface

[P align=left]is completely clean of sand and dry when sweeping is complete. Using a garden hose or sprinkler, wet

[P align=left]the pavement with a fine mist at least three times for 5 to 10 minute intervals, so as to gradually soak

[P align=left]the joints. Do not flood the surface. Let dry for at least 24 hours to ensure proper set up.

[/FONT]  

P.C.

lol Lise.  I'm sure Michel would be glad to help.

Lise

Wow! Thank you for looking it up, PC. I'll print this and show the instructions to my hubby.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Hey Lise!  Hang in there!  Lotsa dentists in this City.

I feel like I'm having a coronary.  We're starting a lesson unit on Canada in Beavers and I've been prepping for days.  The meeting is tonight and I'm not sure everything is going to work.  UGH.

Oh well.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

P.C.

Neighbour just called to warn us that 'the BIG bear' is back.  He was at the bottom of our driveway.  He's humongo.

Sportsdude

get the cat inside!
after that, woah cool!

big bad voodoo daddy eh?
black bear or grizzly?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

The cat is out....he's ok.  He'd probably put the fear of god into a bear.

Black bear.  He is probably hungry.....so what did we do to torture the poor guy....bar-b'd some red meat.

Sportsdude

lol! yeah maybe he was looking for those giant bunnies on roids.
Make the bear a greek salad. He needs the vegetables to be a strong bear.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

|