So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Lunch, schmunch.....I just had dinner extraordinaire.  Wild sockeye....baby nugget potatoes and snow peas.  Each thing cooked to perfection. (hubby cooked for me)

I savoured it extra attentively tonight, as all the sockeye fishing is shut down as of today on the river....even to the natives, which is uncommon.  It was like eating 'forbidden fruit'.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

why is the fishing being stopped?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

There is a low run right now.  Lower than what they had anticipated.

Sportsdude

ah I see, so when you said they were wild, you fished them out of the water? ;)  

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

P.C. do you hunt and fish?

Do you hunt down animals with some sort of projectile weapon and also catch fish with a rod or a net?

Is it possible to love animals but also love to end them with your own two quivering paws?

I just woke up   (0_0)  
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

Sportsdude

I love fishing.
hunting not so much. It's not a fair fight if you think about it.

Lil Me

Evening!  I had Taco del Mar in New West.  Cheap, fresh and plentiful.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Hi Lil Me   =))))

Hunting is not a fair fight but fishing is?

It depends on the circumstances doesn't it?

Ever tried hunting a bear with a bowie knife?   =)
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

Sportsdude

fishing: the fish can take the bait or not and if I catch it I can always put it back into the water.
hunting: their is no bait, you just look for signs, get up into a tree and when something walks by you shoot it. It doesn't see you, there is no bait and it dies. No catch and release in hunting.

Here's me fishing: I catch the fish, take a picture of the big fish, and then puts it back.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

That's not the only way to hunt, son.

Trust me. And who says you can't hunt with a paintball gun hmmm???    ;)

ACK IT'S LATE!!!

G'night folks. Love ya    *hugs*

P.C.

No...I don't hunt or fish.  Well I have fished, but if I catch anything, I'm out of there.  I have to pass the rod.  (that's why God made Safeways)  I'm ok eating anything that comes in saran wrap.    So if someone else hunted it....and I don't have to hear the tales....I'm ok.  

Wild salmon as opposed to farmed salmon SD.      

Sportsdude

hunting with a paint ball gun lolz!

Sportsdude

ah I see. Yeah I don't eat caught fish either. But that's due to the fact that the fish around here are contaminated with mercury that will kill you.  

P.C.

I forgot to mention, that I WILL  be going hunting tomorrow.  But I'm hunting the elusive huckleberries.

Mmmmm...huckleberry tarts.  

P.C.

Good night Monkeeeeeeee!!!!

No...SD....'caught' salmon is the only salmon I DO eat.(well....prefer to eat.)   I'll eat farmed salmon in a pinch...but it's not the same.

|