So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

PostMonkee @(^_^)@ wrote:
[em][/em]Yeesh. So do you have other options for cable service?  --

I'd threaten to cancel my account.  I did that with AMEX once.  They wouldn't reverse a silly service charge, so I  had to comply with my threat and send the cut-up card back to them!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Ridiculous (and illegal I think)  I recall looking in to that once.  Since when was a cheque better than cash.

She read back to me the date that the movie was 'rented'.  So they HAVE records.  They also say each and every time you call, that "this conversation will be recorded" for something or other....can't remember the spiel.  You can be assured they would have very clear records if I owed them.

It may be petty, but this kind of one way nonsense is really frustrating.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Schadenfreude

Hey P.C., you sound like my brother.

Shaw sent him a bill for $67. He told them he had paid it. They said their records show different. I don't know why my brother has no record of paying and I didn't ask but a few months later got a notice from a collections agency to pay $150. He asked what happens if he does not pay? They told him they would garnish his wages. He paid and a month later got a cheque from Shaw for $67 overpayment. I think it was his own fault for getting sucked in by them but still....  
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Lil Me

I love corporate grudges!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

The thing is, there isn't another option.

I pointed that out to them too.....when their bot picks up the phone, it says "Thank you for choosing Shaw " I said "Choose ?....What choose ! "      

purelife

Shaw/Telus and all monopolized companies really suck a** in customer service.  They could care less.  Same applies to BC Medical.  GRRR! I've got stories and stories and my FRUSTRATING experiences but won't get into them again.  But, I feel for ya PC.  I know how it is, trying to deal with these people.  Sometimes, just ask to speak to the Supervisor/Manager.    And BULLSH*T for not having recorded messages.  The company that I work for has a Call Centre division and we keep recorded calls forever!  All calls turn into a .wav file and saved onto our mega harddrive.  So, a call could be retrieved anytime.  What a bunch of B*LL from Shaw.

*sigh*.... it's been so busy at work for me.  So, had to take a break or I'm going to go absolutely mental.

I had a mixed salad for lunch after my ball workout.  It was an interesting class because we had a male instructor.  

Anyways, so Schadey, how come you didn't bring your camera to capture those moments?  Next time, please bring back pics. :)))))  

P.C.

Interesting purelife....thanks for that info.  I was thinking it seemed like an awful short period of time to not have records.

Oh yea....here's the clincher.  The name of the movie that I 'rented' is called *drum roll please*.....Jackass Numer Two.

Sportsdude

bummer purelife. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/traurig/a020.gif" border=0]and on a friday to boot.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Yea, it's defiitely too short.  I wonder if it was legal.  What if there was a court battle and these records had to be retrieved?  For us, I know that we have to keep our taxes for up to 7 years (or was it 8?) and after that, we could throw them away.  So, I'm pretty sure that there would be a legal timeframe to keep calls.

Sportsdude

lol P.C.

jackass movies, those guys are stupid.

P.C.

You've heard of them ?  

Sportsdude

yeah I saw the movies in the theatres with my cousin. It was an MTV show.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Jackass and Wildboyz are a guilty pleasure of mine.

Don't diss my homies   ;)
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

Schadenfreude

Anyways, so Schadey, how come you didn't bring your camera to capture those moments?  Next time, please bring back pics. :)))))

My thoughts were it was just a concrete jungle. I never thought I would want to take any pics.

I did a Google seach for Niagara Escarpment pics. There are very few. There are a lot of pics of guys banging their wife, so I could post some of those.

"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Lil Me

I love Jackass movies!  (seriously)  

|