So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

yeah august is cool. For me it always meant spending time at the farm and kentucky lake before school started. July was always grandma and grandpa in Florida and June was summer school.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

My goodness you're a busy little bee, Lil Me.

Devil....SD....happy humpday.

SD wrote:  So 28 is the 'hot' weather. oh so sweet.  

Not so much SD.  I just watched a little blurb on the news this morning as to why the weather is recorded from the Vancouver Airport, as it is the least accurate portrayal of the temperature.  Even though these are the tempuratures that are recorded as our statistics.  It isn't uncommon for people in different areas to be hitting 38 to 40 when the weather report is telling us that its going to hit 28.

I remember them saying a year or so ago that there hasn't been a white Christmas for 'X' years (don't remember) but was grossly inaccurate.  They need to move the base for our weather statistics.....it's SO consistantly off.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

....unless of course,  everyone else owns those liar thermometers.

Lise

Good morning, beautiful people! How are you today? Looks like another warm sunny day ahead of us. Woot!

A note to you guys working Downtown. Expect tons of Ismaili people around the GM Place. Today is one of their celebration day, Kushiali (or whatever you call it) and parking might be tight. Just be on the lookout.

Can't wait for this weekend. Things to do, things to plan! We may even end up going to the GVZoo and see some sad animals prowling around.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Lise

So what's everyone having for lunch today? I think I might head off to the mall (get cooled) with the kids and try to grab something there. I have a craving for something Tim Hortons.

Hey SD, is there a Tim Horton where you live?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Good call Lise.....the malls will me so much cooler.  Must be tough keeping the little ones from getting 'heat cranky'.

Lunch ?....left over enchiladas.

Sportsdude

nope no tim horton's here. That's one of the first places I'm going though. lol

wow you're not kidding P.C.
[a href="http://www.ctv9.ca/currentconditions.jsp#RSO"]http://www.ctv9.ca/currentconditions.jsp#RSO[/a]

Everywhere its around 32 ish but the airport its at 22. lol

Lise

Good morning, Ms. PC. In order to keep the kiddies cool yesterday, I grab their little bathtub and put a bit of water in it and away they went. Kept them happy for 1/2 hour playing with water and ended up getting the chairs and toys (stuffed toys!!!) all wet. But the important thing is they were happy and I get 1/2 hour off. Hehe.

Something about water and kids..... they totally go hand-in-hand.

I love the mall. Air-conditioned, easy access to food and whatever... I just have to leave my credit card behind.  
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Wow. Those are high temperature although I've had higher living in Sydney. It's way cooler over in the island, no?
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

looks like its just as hot there as it is in Van. Anywhere in the west is scorching right now. But rain is coming for the weekend it won't be as hot.  

Lise

Rain on the weekend??? Oh I hope not!!
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

well for the island. Don't know about Vancouver.
Although according to the experts it will get cooler.

Russ

Im trying to keep moving... too sore for anything after waterskiing yesterday.

Whats everyones plans for lunch? Im trying to convince a friend to go for pho.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

It's terriyaki beef day. I think I'll pass, thank you very much.
I have 4 apples on my desk so I won't starve.

Happy Wednesday. Sorry about the heat up in Canada.

There's a heat wave in the great white north and it's cold and foggy in sunny California.

Next it will be raining fish.  
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

|