So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

P.C. wrote:
Bacon, cabbage and China Lily.  It is so yummy I could eat it every day.....although I'll settle for once a month.

I've never heard of China Lily....I'm off to google.   But that sure does sound divine.  How'd you make it?

Uhm, is China Lily a brand of soya sauce?

Sportsdude

no hail was hitting my window and roof.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Yup purelife, it's soy sauce.  

I just dice some bacon....cook it....when it's just about done, add a little shredded cabbage and toss it around for a minute with the bacon.  Cook up yer rice and throw it in and add China Lily and mix it in until it is brown.....not beige....but brown.  This doesnt work for some reason with other soy sauces.  Tried it with Kikoman once, and it was like eating a salt lick.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

sounds awesome.  

Lil Me

Hi Everyone!

Took Jeckyl to the waterslides at Splashdown Park today.  It was a fun time.  I'm officially a lumpy, middle-aged person at the waterslides.  Splashdown looks shabby these days (dirty, needs paint) compared to when it was new in the '80s.  Oh well, the almost 6-year-old youngster with the mohawk had the time of his life.

Medicocre hot dog for lunch.
 Taco Del Mar for dinner (mole pork tacos).

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Good morning, Ms. Lil Me. Glad to hear your kids had fun at Splashdown Park. I've heard a lot about it though I haven't been there. We may go there when the wee ones are a lot bigger.

Aha. You're anything but lumpy!  I think you're like the cutest perkiest lady I've ever met.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Aw.  Thanks, Lise!  (I was a walking wardrobe malfunction yesterday.  It wasn't good!)

I'm heading back to my parents' pile of rubble today as soon as my coffee is finished.  They want to list the house for sale, but we need to store the excess furniture and boxes of crap (books) first.  The mobile storage containers are arriving this morning.

Anyone seen local strawberries for sale in the city?  I'm too lazy to go to Aldergrove this week.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Hey good luck with all the packing and storing and whatever-in-between. I know what it's like. So stressful but it'll be totally worth it in the end. To see all that clutter gone from your life and start afresh... with new clutter. Heh.

I've seen fresh starwberries for sale at the Crystal Mall. About $2.00 per box but the cheapest one that I've come across is Aberdean Mall in Richmond, $1.49.

I do want to go strawberry picking with the kids. Do you know any good place?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Thanks Lise.  

We've been to Krause Bros Farm before.  It's fun.  Bring your buckets.  Depending on how much the kids pick, be prepared to stay up all night washing and hulling strawberries for the freezer.  I don't make real jam, nor do I can anything, so it's freezer jam and freezer berries for me.

[a href="http://www.krausebrothersfarms.com/"]http://www.krausebrothersfarms.com/
 [/a]

Lil Me

I'm helping my parents pack and move, but I have selfish reasons for wishing they'd stay in their house....They have a big basement that a lot of MY stuff is being stored in.  (oops- did I say that out loud?)    

P.C.

Good morning Lise and Lil Me

I'm helping my parents pack and move, but I have selfish reasons for wishing they'd stay in their house....They have a big basement that a lot of MY stuff is being stored in.  (oops- did I say that out loud?)  

lol....so does this mean that now you'll have to do a little downsizing of your own Lil Me?  

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Good morning, ladies.

*cuddling up on a couch and napping*
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

P.C.

Good morning lil Monkee.  Why so sleepy?  The day has just begun.....would you like some banana coffee?

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

I need something.

Yeah, that would hit the spot   =)

How are things, Miss P.C.??

EDIT: I hate to post and run, but I'd better productify myself before they fire my lazy ass.
If I don't make it back, P.C., Lil Jon, have a wonderful bibimbap day   =)
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

Sportsdude

|