So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

well the other smoothie by my house is open until 10.
But most of the businesses down in the 'sprawl' close between 6 or 8.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

49er

supply and demand, grasshopper

Sportsdude

yup. the 'sprawl' becomes a ghost town at night. A ghost town of concrete and yet they continue to build.

P.C.

That's because your community has so many retired people who go home and sleep early!

Hahahhaaa.......what's your point.

On that note.....it's past my bedtime.

Actually it is still light out.  Certainly not daylight, but still pretty light.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Sweet jicima dreams, P.C.  No turnip.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

hmm I should really get in shape then during the spring/summer months. I like to workout outside in the evening.  

Lil Me

I just finished my 3rd orange tonight.  I think I was vitamin C deficient.  I'd love another orange, but I'm full.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Thanks Lil Me.........no turnip.

Good night.  ZZZZzzZzzzz z  z zzz  z      z        z                z                  z
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

good night p.c.

yeah I'm heading off to bed as well. Its tomorrow already.

Devil

G'morn!

you know after 1 week today, its officially summer. That means the daylight hours will start getting shorter already!!?!!!!  

Sportsdude

Summer in the states start on Memorial Day that's when the public outdoor pools open. Memorial day is a week after Victoria day.  

Schadenfreude

Sportsdude wrote:
I've never seen the sun up before at 9:30

In Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, which according to Wikipedia is at 52 degrees N, the sun sets at between 9 and 9:30 PM due to their inability to change the clocks during daylight savings time. Therefore the sun rises at 4:00 AM. I played slowpitch in Winnipeg  that is at 49 degrees N and there is light there until after 10 PM, plenty of time to play a double header. I umpired slowpitch when I moved to S'toon and one of the tactics a top team used was after getting a lead, they would stall and stall until the game was called on account of darkness, (9ish). I told the pitcher I knew what he was trying and I would toss him if  he continued. They ended up losing HA.
 So with the sun rising so early in S'toon, the birds start chirping at 3 - 3:30 AM.It's annoying to sleep with the windows open. They are not very bright in Saskatchewan. Someone called it the Mississippi of the North. It's easy to see why.

"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Turned off

What's with all the whore ads?

[A href="http://media.fastclick.net/w/click.here?cid=76166&mid=149491&sid=22260&m=3&c=0" target=_top][img height=600 alt="Click Here" src="http://cdn.fastclick.net/fastclick.net/cid76166/media149491.jpg" width=160 border=0][/A]

purelife

What's wrong with the ads?  It's sex appeal.  Nothing wrong with it.

Anyways, morning everyone!

pitbullca.bc

goodmorning PL...and to all the rest.  Sittin at my comp...waiting for my floors to dry.  Kinda like painting meself into a corner.  Still in search of my rubber gloves...but me thinks they won't be found till AFTER the cleaning is done! haha...plastic bag time..here I come!

Canned mandarin oranges..and some mixed nuts for lunch later...after more molly maid issues are dealt with.

|