So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

I've got a few grudges against Chris Pronger.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Pronger is suspended for game 4.  

Lil Me

Hey Everyone!  Wassup this fine day?
 I'm limping today because of running in the Relay for Life yesterday (Cancer Society fundraiser).   Time to apply some more A5 to the burning quadraceps.  My team raised $5,000- so that was quite good.
 Back from morning worship service and trying to take a breather before an afternoon lacrosse game in Delta.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

sounds like fun fun fun lil me!  

P.C.

Back to more painting today......just trim, and the picky job of painting the balcony 'pickets', which is entwined with wisteria.  It's tedious and quite annoying.  It's also humid out there......phewww.....like a sauna, which isn't making the job any more pleasant.

Hubby is inspecting the inside of his eyelids right now, and I'm getting fidgety.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/p025.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

Tell hubby he should be out there holding the ladder for you.  Why suffer alone when you can share it?  How many more days of painting do you think you have, and are your muscles going to hold out that long?  [TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]    [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]iv[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]act[/TD] [TD]e[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]As in TOO active for this humid weather!  He will be making a superb meal for when you're done, of course.  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Well he did a little painting this morning.  I had skipped over a few spots, plus yesterday, he got up to the peak in the front done.  There's really very little to go.....a little picky stuff, and then the back which will wait until we get scaffolding.

It's so close to done, really.

Have you ever seen those rain chains?  I love those things, and I'm looking for a couple nice sets for the front of the house.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

No, I haven't.  Do you have a picture of them?  My imagination fails me, so if I had some idea of what they looked like it would help.  You have done such an immense job with all that painting!  Are you getting sick of the smell of paint yet?

Isn't it supposed to rain tonight?  How will that affect your work if it does?

Sportsdude

hey guys what's a good bank to use in Canada?  

kitten

I have no idea.  I've dealt with the Royal Bank, Toronto-Dominion, and Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce at different times and they seem to be pretty much alike.

Sportsdude

I was thinking Royal Bank, since they're probably everywhere in Canada. Plus anything with the word 'Royal' in it just sounds really cool. lol    

kitten

I thought you didn't like the monarchy, SD.

Sportsdude

I still don't, but I like the current queen I just don't like her children. :)
I think that view is pretty universal. I don't get why she has to be on everything. Especially the 20 dollar bill. I mean she's on everything else, why does she get her own bill? Then again the person I want on the 20, would cause some specific provinces to go up in arms. lol

Funny I looked up bank of Montreal and its headquartered in Toronto. LOL!

kitten

During the troubles with the Separation movement in Quebec a lot of businesses moved to Toronto.  I think it may have damaged the economy in Quebec for a while.

Sportsdude

yeah I knew about the businesses moving from Montreal to Quebec. I've got separatist friends or PQ voters they pretty much have come to the conclusion that its just not possible. Although one of them still thinks its the 1960's. The ones that are hard liners are so easy to debate because they live in fantasy land.

|