So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

Hi, Lil Me.  I had my friend come over to read the directions so I didn't have to keep looking at the manual.  But four arms would have been useful.  (at least!)  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

There's some truth to that Kitten.  Everything always tastes better if you had to struggle to get it.....LOL   Sawdust is getting pretty good at putting these things together.  We got home after 4, and we had company coming, and he had it together in time for dinner.

Tasted Nanaimo Bars ????   I make killer Nanaimo Bars.  They are sinfully decadent.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

mmmm from the pics of nanaimo bars they look really good.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Hi Lil Me [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]  

kitten

Mr. Sawdust must be a genius!  It took me a long time just to unwrap all the parts and find out what they were.    

Lil Me

Hi P.C.!  *waves*

kitten-I'm with you on the assembly.  I can't figure out which bolts are which.  Heckyl usually helps me.  But, I try to leave as much as possible for Mr LM (the pencil crayon stuck in the sink, the new light fixtures from Home Depot which are still in the boxes...)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I always seem to be short of screws and bolts when I'm assembling something.  

P.C.

Well I think he's a genius.....but mostly it stems from buying a new bar-b every couple years....lol  I think he could put them together with one eyeball tied behind his back.

The only reason we had 2 bar-b's is because when we got the last new one, it didn't have a rotisserie.  (I gave it to him for father's day or something I think, and he was too polite to say anything)  So we kept the old one for rotiss.....and the new one for everything else.  We bar-b year round, so they get their workout.  

Sportsdude

I've always wanted to bbq when its snowing for some reason.  

kitten

I would gladly have left it for someone if there had been anyone to leave it to, Lil Me.  Naturally there were a couple of washers missing, but I happened to have a few the right size in my tool box.  

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
I've always wanted to bbq when its snowing for some reason.  
 --

We did that in Calgary.  Minus 30 outside.  Pull the BBQ as close to the patio door as you can, and stand just inside with a ski jacket on.  When you've gotta have a steak... you've gotta have a steak!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kitten

A rotisserie didn't come with mine, but at that price I didn't really expect one.  It would be nice to have, though.  I think I will be using it quite a lot this summer.  

P.C.

Sounds wonderful Kitten.  I'm glad you got one.  It's just magnifies the smells of summer.

Lil Me

I don't have a rotisserie, either.  I'm going to try putting a roast on one side of the BBQ and turning on the opposite burner for indirect heat.  I've been served this type off BBQ roast at peoples' houses- and it's awesome.  

Sportsdude

rotesserie's are those turning things right?

All I do is grill brats.
Its a midwest/german thing.

|