So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Bye pit!

I like Trader Joe's, too (and the two buck chuck). I think there's one in Bellingham now.  Before, the closest was Seattle.

oops.  Gotta go.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

see yeah ms me.
mee too, time to get off the computer. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Schadenfreude

Sportsdude wrote:
really? Cuz I thought that's what everyone ran on in the Pacific Northwest. Coffee places out number people. lol

Just never been to a Tim Horton's.

You're not missing much. If you like coffee with lots of cream & sugar, "double double", I guess it's drinkable. I drink my coffee black. Tim Horton's black tastes like old dirty dishwater.

Starbucks bold / dark has flavour.

"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Lil Me

Agreed on the coffee, Schady.  I drink double-doubles at TH and black everywhere else.

What's for dinner?  We had BBQ'd burgers on the new "thin" multigrain buns from the StupidStore with salad.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I really didn't have dinner.
Ate fish around 3ish so I just had veggies.

P.C.

Well, I LOVE  Costco.  You can have TH's AND Starbucks.  Timmy's coffee it too watery and week, and Starbucks is bitter.

The last thing I would ever accuse Costco of is having cheap products.  I find they have pretty good quality stuff.....and always some unusual unique stuff that you don't find in your regular department stores.

I [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g102.gif" border=0] Costco too Lil Me.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

lol I just want to go to Tim Ho's because like the canadian thing.  

P.C.

Apparently.  Not this Canadian.  The whole Timmy's thing is relatively new to me.  I tried it once just to see what the fuss was about.  There was nothing to fuss about.    

Sportsdude

hehehe
what else is there that's precieved a canadian icon.

kitten

Hi, folks.  I had a wonderful meal tonight.  Barbecued steak, baked potato and corn,  from the BBQ I bought at WalMart today.....and assembled.  Patting self on back!!!

I found a great bargain on it.  Just $69.00!  What a job to assemble it though.  Three pages of letters and numbers for parts, and diagrams with so many lines pointing everywhere that I thought I needed an engineering degree just to get it together!    
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Salmon and shell fish.....oyster bars.  

Other than that, most of our 'Canadian' cuisine is 'borrowed'.  Eastern Canada has the Scottish influence.....Central Canada has the French influence.....the prairies has the Ukranian influence.  B.C. seems to tap into a mix of everything.  

P.C.

Hi Miss Kitten.  We just bought a new Bar-B too.  So nice to have !  (the other TWO....yes TWO) will become a feature at our next garage sale.  Mr. Sawdust likes to keep up on these things.....lol

Your dinner sounds quite yummy indeed !!!!

*Good job on the assembly.....they never make the 'destructions' easy, do they!

Lil Me

Hi kitten!  I know what you mean about building a BBQ.  It sucks.  It's hard to hold the bolts in place and turn the wrench at the same time.  

kitten

Hi, P.C.  I imagine the one you bought is a lot fancier than mine.  I only need enough space for one or two people though.

I think they feel that the harder you work, the more you will enjoy the results.  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

We're thinking about getting a bbq of some kind. I wouldn't mind.
P.C have you ever had a Nanaimo Bar?

|