So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Evening!  It's leftover night.  Salmon, rice, turkey soup, salad.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

pitbullca.bc

kids had homemade tossed salad...perogies....and bison rib steak...LOL...that was a whole lotta grub...they will still be eating till 9 pm!

Sawdust

Well I'm batching it for couple of nights so it's steak, asparagus and perogies. Someone has to keep the Cardiologists in business.:)

Lol Ms Pitt. Mine's rib staek also, just a regular cow kind though.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

pitbullca.bc

hmm...seems perogies is popular this evening!

Lise

Evening all. Perogies. I've never tried one before. Almost afraid of eating it. Does it have pork? I once tried to eat one then someone stop me, saying it has pork. But I always thought it was just filled with spuds?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Hiya Sawdust, Pitbull and Lise!

You can buy whatever flavour perogies you want- potato/onion, cheese, or bacon.  They're nummy.  Serve with fried onions (+optional bacon + Ukranian sausage), sour cream and any other cholesterol-laden product you can find.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

pitbullca.bc

hiya LM...yes..you have the perogy toppings and centers downpat m'dear!

Lil Me

Mr LM is an Alberta boy, so we know these things!  

Lise

Out of curiosity, how does one make perogies? I see them in the freezer section, always wanted to try... do you just steam them up?  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sawdust

Lol Lil Me. I love my cholesterol! I have never heard of pork in a 'rogy, but I suppose you could put anything you like in them. Homemade are to die for, but what a pain to make.    
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Sportsdude

gosh that reminds me I haven't had 'pigs in a blanket' for eons
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

pitbullca.bc

I boil mine first...then when they are floating...drain...and put into frying pan with marg..or whatever your choice...I add a few spices...
toppings...fried bacon pieces..onions...grilled...and sprinkled with cheese...dip in sour cream  

Lise

Hey Sawdust, send some good ole fashion steak this way, eh?

EDIT: Is that all to it, Ms. Pit? Wow. Sounds easy enough. I think I'll try getting a packet and see. Sour cream on top? Like cold on top of hot perogies?  
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

so just skip the bacon part Lise and you'll be fine.

speaking of bacon.

I had this spaghetti at the Olvie Garden the other day that had mushrooms and bacon bits instead of meat balls. mmmmmm it was good.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

pitbullca.bc

hmmmm...bacon bits...real bacon or simulated?

|