So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

I agree with that Lil Me.  I don't like it when people try to pry into my personal business and then gossip about you.  I've been told that at a neighborhood (or even at work) there's always someone who knows everything about everyone else.  But, if you don't share anything with them, they'd think that you're weird.  I prefer to let them think that I'm weird as I always keep my personal life seperate from work, for example.

I'm at work to do my job, not to make friends, unless there's one or two that I can trust. :)  

Gopher

That's right PL, tell people nothing about yourself and they'll make you into someone even more interesting than you undoubtedly already are.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

What's everyone having for lunch (aside from hot meat)?  I had some leftover turkey soup with an avocado and some humous.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

tenkani

Hola Purelife, Lil Me, Sportsdude, Gophie and Pitbull!

Happy Lunch!!

I ended up having a chicken sammich at burger king because I needed to get out of the office.

Have any of you tried to use the Internet to look up old friends (like from school) and re-establish contact? Is that creepy?  
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Gopher

Yes, I have Tenkie, I've contacted several and met some of them again.

purelife

Yep...it's creepy.  I believe in out with the old and in with the new. ;)  

Lil Me

When I organized the reunion, we needed to find a lot of lost alumni.  Google was the best!  Mind you, I also spent a lot of hours on the phone calling peoples' parents for updated contact info.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

My experiences of it have been superb. Almost all the people I managed to get in touch with lived overseas (Japan, China - you name it). It's been great to remember what we did, talk about what we've done, how we've developed and speculate about what we are likely to do: in the main, nothing's changed at all. The old ideals still burn as brightly.      

Lil Me

Does anyone admit to googling their ex partners?  (I do that once in a while)  Call it morbid curiosity.  

Gopher

Lil Me wrote:
Does anyone admit to googling their ex partners?  

YES!

Lil Me

good, so I'm not alone!!!

purelife

Have you googled yourself before?  I have and am lucky to find absolutely nothing on me. ;)

Gopher

Yep, done this as well - and found several pages.

Lil Me

there's stuff on me, too.  No dirt, mind you :)  

Gopher

None on me either - I wonder how they missed out on us?

|