So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Devil

Friday is a stat. Just meeting up with friends in the Okanagan for some spring cleaning of the cabin. Nothing too exciting. Going to see the folks too while we are in their neck of the woods.    

Sportsdude

awesome!

Canada gives the Scandinavian countries (Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark) a run for its money in the most beautiful part of the world category.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Devil

I am sure those countries are no slouch either. LOL!

Well, have a good afternoon. I am going to find some food.

Chat laterz.

purelife

Do you get Monday off too, Devil?  A visit to the cabin sounds very lovely.  :))

We're going to have Easter dinner over at grandma's on Sunday.  That should be lovely as I love her cooking.    

Sportsdude

awesome pl!
What kind of food does she cook?
I've got to take grandma back down to the farm on thursday. I'll be sure to take my camera to take pictures.

purelife

She makes comfort food.  She's German as well. :))   I love her pies, her roasts/veggies... yum.... I don't often have people cook for me, so when it happens, I appreciate it.  It's so nice to have someone else cook instead of me all the time.

tenkani

Devil, your avatar looks so familiar...

Is it an album cover??
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

hehe that's awesome. :)
Do you do anything more 'german' as well.
when I'm at my grandma's we say things in german.

[dl][dd]Komm, Herr Jesu; sei unser Gast;[/dd][dd]und segne, was du bescheret hast.[/dd][/dl]

Lise

Hi all.

Oh wow. Busy day. Lise Jr Jr. not settling down as much. Methinks she's teething and in a bit of a bad mood.  I was so exhausted with dealing with her, I fell asleep within five minutes of her screaming into my ear. Luckily her big sister was kind enough to come into bed beside me without fuss.

Ice cream in red bean soup? Never tried. Now that purelife said she's done it, I might do it for added bonus. I have tried a bit of coconut milk and that was fine.

Waah! I wish I was in a cabin now. I'm so envious of D.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

It has to be vanilla ice-cream in red bean soup when it's cold. :))

Awwww......lil ms junior is teething... I'm glad that you got some rest, Lise. :)

Lise

15 mins of sleep is better than none. Ah geez. Now I have to run off again. I need a maid! Actually, I think I need my mommy. *gone in a puff*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

lol we all need our mommies every once in a while.  

Lil Me

ok, I'm in the minority..outnumbered by the Red Bean Soup Brigade.

Maybe it's cuz my family is less traditional- been here for several generations.  When the red bean soup comes around at dinners, my cousins and I usually laugh and push the lazy susan around to the next victim.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Now it's time for the age-old question: What's for Dinner?

We're going to have some raw veggies, baked fish and steamed veg with brown rice.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

tenkani

That sounds very sensible and tasty.

I'm eating leftover Chinese.

Crunchy noodles, garlic chicken, curry beef.

Good night!!!
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

|