So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

I'm happy for you, Isis.  Where are you living now?  Last I heard you were moving to Calgary to be with your man. :)    

Isis

purelife wrote:
 I'm happy for you, Isis.  Where are you living now?  Last I heard you were moving to Calgary to be with your man. :)

Moved to [FONT color=#000000 size=1]surrey [/FONT]but don't tell anyone!! I've got a man now that I've been with for the last 9 months....OMG it's going long, hope someone is there on the other side to catch me.
If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please", then I'll say "no" because its shorter than "Yes"

Isis

well I gotta get back to work...I'll be jumping in once in awhile through out the day...catch you all later.
If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please", then I'll say "no" because its shorter than "Yes"

Devil

Sportsdude wrote:
I was just being sarcastic although one party does seem to stay in power for decades.

true enough, but they have all been voted in.

I follow BC politics too, always a closer race in the Lower Mainland.  

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
... now they ship pregnant women off to Montana to have the babies.  
 --

Actally happened to my great grandparents in 1940.  Couldn't afford a doctor in Alberta, so went to stay with a nurse in Montana- who was a relative.  Grandma was born in Montana.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

yup they always get voted in of course but it seems like nobody wants to challenge the ruling party. There's factions of course within the PC people.  But for example if I was in the PC party and was part of a faction that didn't get my way, I'd split and form a rival party.  There by opening it up a little to get another voice in.

I just found it a little odd and sad that when people were voting for the PC Leader a couple months ago, most people in the center and left voted because they actually got to affect change.  Even though a person like me would never ever vote for a person currently in the PC party.

I sorta equated it to if people got to vote in China for the leader of the Communist Party. Democratic people would vote just because they actually get a voice.  But the end result is more of the same and the problems of society continually getting ignored and people not heard.

my take on it anyway.
And if it was the other way around I'd be promoting the right wing party to have a voice, because its democratic.

Way to fix this proportional voting instead of past the post.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

purelife- how's the red curry?  Did you make it or buy it?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Devil

that's crazy Lil Me?

Doctors at the main hospitals don't need anything but a health care card (these days). It is just bursting at the seams due to the heavy migration of people from other provinces. The same people that move to a burb here, work downtown, then complain about the traffic? Umm, you are in a car!??!!  

purelife

brought it from Costco.  frozen lunch trays...it was absolutely delicious...14grams of fat later. :(

It tasted like the real deal from a Thai restaurant...I'm impressed!  Love Costco frozen meals.  :))))

Lil Me

Mmmmm.  Do you microwave the tray?

ADD: I went to Costco yesterday and bought the ground turkey breast (4 packages for $20).  The best before date is April 2.  WFT?  I seriously think you have to cook poultry within a couple days or freeze it.  What have they done with the turkey to give it a supernatural refrigerated shelf life?

Sportsdude

well I'm off to finish high school.
I'll come back later when I'm finished.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Yep, just microwave.

Wow, a week?  That kinda sounds about right because I notice that packaged meat is about a few days.  How long are they supposed to last?[/DIV]

ADD:  Maybe it was pre-frozen?

tenkani

[FONT face="Arial Narrow" color=#bf00bf size=7]WTF????[/FONT]

Wah did I miss teh goddess/?????/??

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

purelife

You did tenkani and you WERE late!  If you weren't busy, you wouldn't have missed her.  I'd smite you again if I could for being tardy!  BAD BOY!

ADD:  And no whining please!

Lise

OMG! Is that Isis? I can't believe I missed her! *sobs*

Speaking of Thai frozen dinner, have you tried the Thai Red Curry from Superstore? It isn't that bad. Portion is small but taste pretty good. I think it's their President Choice brand. Quite surprised.[/DIV]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|