Gumball Hummer

Started by TehBorken, Jun 27 06 06:51

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[p class="hhh6"]In her project, called "Sugar Coated", Heidi made a life-size, gumball covered HumVee to "comment on pop culture and remind us of soldiers handing candy to children in far-flung countries at war with us".[/p][p class="hhh6"][a href="http://www.heidihesse.com/"]http://www.heidihesse.com/[/a]
[/p][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]Heidi Hesse was born in Germany, grew up in South Africa and Germany and emigrated to the United States in 1982. Recently, Hesse began to investigate and contemplate the meaning and possibility of U. S. citizenship. She, as many an earnest emigre pursuing the American Dream has done before her, began to read the documents and stories associated with the founding of the United States of America. Through her investigations, Hesse began to identify a significant gap between the rhetoric of liberty embedded in our documents and our practice of "exporting liberty" throughout the world.

Exporting Liberty is an examination of citizenship and its attendant responsibility. It is both a celebration of freedom and a critique of excess, an homage to democracy, and a warning that the comfort borne of privilege can breed a dangerous apathy...

Welcome to America. Would you like to supersize that?"

At What Price, Freedom, Exporting Liberty catalog, Anne-Marie Russell,
[a href="http://www.moca-tucson.org/kunst/past.html"]Museum of Contemporary Art, Tucson[/a], spring 2004

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Future Canadian

Ahh... Art with a capital A.
That is such a perfect piece.
It also depicts the sugar coating of this war by its perpetrators.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

I bet that thing is protected with anti super soaker armor.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Is that the same gal who knit the Ferrari ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Makes me think of the old politically incorrect joke:

Person a) "My mother made me a lesbian"

Person b) "If I give her the wool, will she make one for me too?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Some Chick

lol Gopher.

I wonder, if you were a woman and drove up to someone that was being a jerk, while in the gumball hummer, would that give you the qualifications to invite them to blow you?

Gopher

More than likely.....why do you ask?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Some Chick

Because I'm jealous that when someone irritates me I lack the ability to use the term and it just has such punch.

Lise

Hah! She missed a spot.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.