Got a cliff?

Started by TehBorken, Jun 22 06 06:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
 Wow !  Architecturally,  I find that place amazingly beautiful.  As a HOME, I find it sterile and without warmth. Although I suppose I could put on a sweater to enjoy THAT view.[/DIV]
 I like empty modernistic homes that feel empty for some reason.  For example when I moved into my new house I decided not to have any furniture except the bed.  This was because my old room was the size of a walk- in closet and I wanted the new room to feel big. (In fact the new house has a walk in closet that is bigger than my old room.)  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Dissident

49er wrote:
the interior view would be more pleasing if the glass wall is concave instead of curving inwards...

I thought "concave" did mean curving inwards.  Do you mean "convex"?

Maybe the architect had engineering reasons for the direction of the curve.

Like, maybe seismic, geologic or meteorologic reasons.  So the house has less of a chance of falling off the cliff in an earthquake, a storm or through erosion . . .

Like I said, when do I move in?

fenec rawks!

some guy

Well i don't have anything against the house i just wouldn't want to live there. I am not paranioid i just don't like heights to begin with and there's something creepy about the house.

49er

Dissident wrote:
I thought "concave" [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]did[/SPAN] mean curving inwards.  Do you mean "convex"?

yes I meant convex.......thanks

some guy

Actually if you like the feeling of danger you could probably sleep on the roof of a hirise. You would get the same effect.

Dissident

49er wrote:
[em]Dissident wrote:
[/em] [em]I thought "concave" did mean curving inwards.  Do you mean "convex"?
[/em]
yes I meant convex.......thanks
[/div]

Yeah, I thought so paisan.  So, what't the current "living wage" in SF?  Still under $10/hour?  Even before the dotcom boom you had to make at least $15/hour to rent a cockroack-infested hole in deeper Tenderloin . . .

[div]

fenec rawks!

49er

I think its around $9-$10..........residential rents are just as high

Dissident

Can't see you making $1800 for a studio on that wage--even with two incomes.

Do you agree with all the Lefties who say that the city would have been Paradise under Gonzales?  Or is it a lost cause for non-professionals and artists?

fenec rawks!

49er

Dissident wrote:
Do you agree with all the Lefties who say that the city would have been Paradise under Gonzales?  Or is it a lost cause for non-professionals and artists?

Don't pay much attention to SF politics............Live and work in the East Bay........only crosses the Bay Bridge about a dozen times a year.

Dissident

I still have friends who live in the Rockridge/MacArthur area.  Any one of them could sell their bungalows and probably buy that place on the cliff.  Whereas if I sold my place in Vancouver, it wouldn't even be a down payment on a 1-bedroom condo in the Sunset.

Who wants to go in with me on that house on the cliff in Australia?

fenec rawks!

Some Chick

Australia has bugs that would give me nightmares, not to mention the snakes and sharks...  And CROC's!!

I'll stay here.

TehBorken

I'd move in there in a heartbeat. I'd warm the place up with some good thick carpet and nice furniture, and I'd and throw parties that would require UN Peacekeepers to break up.

As far as the home's stability, I'd consider it an honor to be killed sliding down the mountainside in something that nice. Woo hoo!
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.