For tommorrow

Started by Orik, Jun 18 06 11:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Orik

What is the sence of continuing the propogation (is that even a word) of  the combustion engine via oil based fuels . we all know that oil is not a sustainable resource and yet  we continue to make and buy  items that require petrolium based products .  why are we not spending  those millions that are being spent on taking controll of oil producing countrys on sustainable resources ie ethonal  electric and hydrogen sources of power... ?

sure nuclear power is a great resource but the by products are radiactive sludge that has 10000 plus years of shelf life . and other nasty products . what do our children and thier childrens children have to look forward to .  will thier even be life left on this planet . it may all ready be to late to recover from the damage we have done to this earth .

i will leave you to think this over to rebuttal reproof (sp)  voice your opinions ideas  etcetra.    
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

[A href="http://www.sonyclassics.com/whokilledtheelectriccar/"]http://www.sonyclassics.com/whokilledtheelectriccar/[/A]

GM killed the electric car to build Hummers.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

damn brilliant, thank you sportsdude. now this is some of the things im talking about big businees ie the goverment corporations big oil etcetra , just dont give to shmegs about the damage they are doing . aits gona take alot more of us little guys standing up and sayiung a big up yours to the powers that be via our voting power and our consumerism power ie  not buying products that rely upon  gasoline . its no wonder i am saving to buy that electric bike.

sportsdude you get a blessing for such a good  link.

but this is all just a small part of the govermental conspiracys to get you me and every other joe schmoo and julia noname to buy only certain products, where is the choice by damn  , i think its time for a revoltionary resistance a time to storm the white house and over throw the power hungry gorgons that be . figuritvly speaking that is , ( meaning not by violence) but through the pwer of money and votes.  and of course the last resort take em all out back  and make em suck on the exsaust pipes of thier hummers till dead.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lise

We are all sheep. We follow the leader.

I'm hoping that one of these days, we won't have to rely on these 'raped' resources. The rate of which we are exploiting the planet's resource is alarming. We hear the warning bells but we still ignore them - we're aware but we do it anyways because the demand is there.

A vicious cycle but I don't see an end to it unless there's no more oil.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

We have been relying on short-term profit-centered strategy for so long that we (American business interests I mean, and by extension their drones-the American public) really are no longer capable of thinking outside the box.

You can bring up all the counter-examples you like of isolated businesses and concerned environmentally-aware citizens attempting to live in harmony with nature, it doesn't matter. To turn away from this quickly approaching "tipping point" we keep hearing so much about, we need to make radical, painful changes NOW, and when I say we, I mean the majority of citizens here and abroad. Do you see that happening? Do you see any massive investments in alternative energy sources that have the potential to turn this situation around?

There's a big push right now towards corn-based ethanol. That's good right? Wrong. Corn-based ethanol is the least efficient model (it takes a great amount of energy to distill it), and will hardly make a dent. So why are we pushing this model so hard? The corn lobby.

Even when we try to come up with a solution, we f*ck it up. People don't seem to realize that we don't have time for trial-and-error. We don't have the luxury of choosing shitty solutions to avoid political/economic static.

That's not even taking into account the rapid industrialization of China. I was listening to an expert (a climatologist I believe) on National Public Radio yesterday who stated that we (the world community) would likely have to reduce carbon emissions by 50 or 60 percent in the next 50 years. Instead, we see China embarking on massive programs to build power plants across the country to support their economic expansion and at the same time the U.S. dicking around instead of doing anything to stop our headlong charge towards the precipice of the tipping point.

In short, we're f*cked.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.