DV experiencing a brain fart again...

Started by Moolah!, Jun 05 06 06:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Moolah!

First I noticed a slow down and now the board is not accepting any new messages. [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_shy.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

I tried replying to a post, no go.

I created a new topic, no go.

Now I should log off and sign back on to change my IP, but that seems unneccessary - they didn't know my IP to begin with as I didn't post under my current one.

So don't think that you're banned.

(That goes for you too Some Chick... I saw your thread, but didn't go through it yet.)

tenkani

Agreed. I've been experiencing a few strange anomalies as well.
I wonder if the monkeys have been drinking again.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Chicklet

Would anyone really be that upset if the whole thing just imploded?

Actually, they would probably all come here.  Second thought SAVE DV!!!!!
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

Moolah!

tenkani wrote:
Agreed. I've been experiencing a few strange anomalies as well.
I wonder if the monkeys have been drinking again.

Ha ha!

Then they get annoyed when I call them f*cktards. [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_big.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

I tried to post under a different nickname to see if they've banned the nickname. Still no go. So the nickname should still be usable.

Will try under different IP now... [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_shy.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

tenkani

Yup.
Curses was kind enough to post how to use a proxy with Firefox.
So now I'm playing with that, just in case I ever need to use it.
Not that I ever would...

Moolah!

UPDATE: I can post under a different IP, no problem.

tenkani

Sounds like you've been banned.
It's funny, X stated today that curses wasn't really banned, but I've noticed the number of "not really banned" people seems to be increasing.

My take on it is that the active mod on DV is a bit of a control freak and has been, in addition to deleting TONS of threads, banning ranges of IP addresses in an attempt to impose order on DV.

Good luck with that, f*ckin' nazi    

kingy

i wish the mods would really show themself.

Moolah!

There was quite a bit of trollish activity earlier tonight, now the site is sort of inaccessable... why "sort of"? Because whenever you try to access the site, the browser starts sending data back and forth indefinitely, the screen remains blank in the meanwhile, but no error messages... It sort of hangs there.

Why does this happen? [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_shy.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

purelife

I've seen those type of posts before.  Someone instilled a code that prevents anybody from replying.  

LOL!  YES!  More DV Drama.    

kingy

i think it was eed that was stopping certain threads.

i generally tend to avoid dv on sat nites considering that is when there seems to be an abundance of trolls.

purelife

Gotta agree with you on that kingy.  One time, I logged in as moderator and this troll decided to have a war.  He/she/it/whatever started to post really gruesome, disgusting pictures on almost every thread and I of course, went and deleted them.  Then, he got really upset and started to swear and curse at the mods.  Long story short, I never logged in ever again on a Saturday night.  IT WAS A TERRIBLE MISTAKE.    

soapbox

after weeks and months of observing the kind of posts at DV,there is no doubt now....DV does indeed suck.  

Lise

I suspect they installed a new code in there somewhere which might prevent users from say, an internet cafe, from logging on. *shrug*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.